Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Thanks

Arrow Any body need Haas CNC help?

I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HARVEY For This Useful Post:

handyman (04-19-11)

vmachtech Guest

Question VF1 Lube .

Hello Harvey ..

Well here's your first question on Haas VF1.

Its regarding the Centralised lubrication system. When I check the lube system manually by lifting the knurled knob and releasing it . how long should it take normally for the pressure on the gauge to come back to zero .

( so that I can start to get ready to check out any clogged lube lines).

Vmachtech

Thanks

Default Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Harvey,

Would you know if there were any information available for a DIY on aligning the turret on a 07 model SL30. Don't have any repair manuals, and having trouble getting X axis loose to make any adjustments. Can't visually see anything still holding it in place.

Thanks in Advance
    Paul

Thanks

Default Re: VF1 Lube .

Hi Vmachtech

Thanks for your question, I be happy to answer you q? about Haas.
    First of all, you didn't say me, your machine is old or new.
    if your machine is pity new then the possibilty of clogging or choking is barely happened. Yeah if your machine is more than 4 year old it may happen some time.
    How fast the gauge pointer goes down (on lube pump- max will be 35-40 psi) is depend on your machine size because this machine is small, it should hold the pressure for atleast 5-10 mins when you pull the knob up side and machine is not running. If machine is in running mode it may goes to zero within one min.
    If the pointer on gauge goes down very fast, it does show, there will be any lube line been opened (78% chances are along X-axis) or barely Y and Z axis. Haas mainly have used the FJB 3/0 and 4/0 flow meters (metric catridges) , you can find them from your Haas dealer easily.
    Hopefully it can be help you out little bit but I can help you further, please let me know.

Thanks
    Harvey
    (Mr.CNC Fix It)

Thanks

Sure I can help you about it, Please hit me a e-mail at htakhi_usa@yahoo.com so I can send you some procedure files. If needed I will give you my number later for furtherr discussion.

Thanks
    Harvey

vmachtech Guest

Thanks Harvey

The detailed info is very useful , thanks.

Mailed you too.

Regards

Vmachtech.

COOLBILLET Guest

i have a 2008 haas sl30 big bore and is need of turret alignment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by COOLBILLET View Post
    i have a 2008 haas sl30 big bore and is need of turret alignment.
    Okay send me your e-id. I will help you out with atttached files

Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

Harvey,

Just wanted to give you thanks for the information you furnished on the SL30 repairs we were undergoing. Believe that we will be well able to finish the project, thanks to your help.

Regards,
    Paul G.

karlbushnell Guest

Hello Harvey, I have a 1999 HAAS VF3 with a noisy spindle motor bearing. I have removed the assy as it has come to the point where it sounds like it might seize up. I wish to replace the motor bearings but find myself concerned with the sticker that warns the transmission will be damaged if I remove the motor????? have you any knowledge of this assy? (motor and gearbox). possibly you may have a drawing or print of the assy? or know where I could get one? its sounds like the top one so I could probably just replace the top one but that seems short of the full job? I will apreciate anything you have to offer thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HARVEY View Post
    I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA
    Dear Harvey
    Problems with Haas SL 30 THE. During acceleration of the rotary chuck the error 123 (error in the spindle is caused by under or over voltage of the drive motor), the Haas service to my people agree that the mistake was to be found in the vector controller, the controller would not repaired but replaced.
    It is a Vector 40/30 HP, Series 2005, in the order from Belgium is 93-69-1010, but is no longer blocked and replaced by a new model.
    The error occurs even if we are a gear by hand: 600 / Umin, respectively to 10%, then the drive switches off whenever the switch star-delta connection to the engine. Sun has given us a Haas advised engineers to replace this relay board beside the engine again, we have made but without success. As Haas engineers have always been different opinions, was the IGBT inverse S0T227B replaced at the top of the map. This serves to reduce, in conjunction with a very strong resistance to the peaks. Has brought nothing. Then we have the
    large resistance (on top of the machine) surveyed, 5.7 Ohm, should be like him. Sometimes, the drive also switches from the brake.
    Exchanged on the encoder motor ....... to no avail.
    Or it may lie on the spindle motor? I am quite desperate.

Thanks (Sorry for bad english)

Ralfi

Thanks

Due to a nasty z-axis crash, I need a transmission for a Haas VF1 vertical machining center. I am interested in a used transmission, or the gears that were damaged in it. Also the gear on the spindle motor doesn't look so great and should probably be replaced. This machine was made in May, 1993 and the serial number is 2125. Any ideas of where I should look for a used transmission would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don

maplesprings481 Guest

Default I need some HAAS help!

I have a new HAAS VF3 20hp Vector Dual Drive 100 IPM

We want to add a hydraulic pump with a solinoid valve to clamp the part, an air solinoid to advance a center and 3 pressure switches to hydraulic pump pressure, clamping pressure and air presuure on the center.

I do not have an electrical print for the machine and really do not know how to wire the devices.

Can ya help?

karlbushnell Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karlbushnell View Post
    Hello Harvey, I have a 1999 HAAS VF3 with a noisy spindle motor bearing. I have removed the assy as it has come to the point where it sounds like it might seize up. I wish to replace the motor bearings but find myself concerned with the sticker that warns the transmission will be damaged if I remove the motor????? have you any knowledge of this assy? (motor and gearbox). possibly you may have a drawing or print of the assy? or know where I could get one? its sounds like the top one so I could probably just replace the top one but that seems short of the full job? I will apreciate anything you have to offer thank you.
    well I have taken it all apart. The lower motor bearing was in fact seconds away from explosion. While the Motor is out to be serviced....hot tanked meggered balanced etc, I noticed the low gear had some corner wear which makes that combination of gears noisy. We rarely use low gear and I am assuming it is from when we had a failing MAC valve in the past which caused the shifting to low gear quite erratic. My question for you would be whether or not you know how much press fit there is on the drive pully from the transmission? before I load it in a press I would like to know how much resistance to expect. Thank you.

Thanks

Harvey, Glad to meet you. Could you help? I have a turret on a SL10 out of center (drills off center) How do I fix this? Thanks, Mike C

dharajyot Guest

Harvey
    NC-USA
    hello
    good morning,

thanks for open message for help--

i am looking for cnc machine and i have very less budget but i am looking for best machine if i want to increase my budget.
    from where and what configration i buy

any model my web page dharajyot com]DharaJyot Stone Art > Manufacturer, Exporters, Suppliers of Monuments, Marble and Granite[/url]
    i am looking to do carving multi purpose materials like, marble,sandstone,granite etc.
    hope to hear from you soon
    thanks in advance
    lekhraj khatri
    info at dharajyot dot com

God Bless You

ricardotj Guest

Hello Harvey,

I have a 2003 HAAS HS1 .Along with these HS1,EC400 VF2 And VF3 machines.

I would like to know how to set the correct time and date.

In the alarm history shows the same number and doesn't look like a date and time format... DDMMYY HH:MM:SS

I have several operators and I want to keep track on the time that the alarms shows on the machine. Since we have a night shift and I can't see the real time when the alarm occur..

Hope you can Help me.

Thanks

maplesprings481,
    In the low left side of the control panel are three relays that Haas makes available for just what you need. There have a 12V coil and are activated with M50, M51, or M52 depending on the relay you choose to use. You can issue one of the M codes with someone watching as to which one is activate. Normally I think they go from left to right with M5o being the first to the left.
    Good luck!

Thanks

Hey

I was wondering if you could tell me how to align the turret on a Haas SL10 lathe. The turret is about .010 out of alignment.

If you could help that would be great

Thanks,
    Josh

Thanks

Harvey,

I have a 05 SL20, recently it gave a 175 "ground fault detected" alarm.
    After resetting the alarm, the tailstock refuses to advance. Will not respond when programmed, nor when attempting to manually advance. Also now at the start up, the X axis will reference as usual, but we have a delay of a 60 to 120 seconds before the Z axis will reference out. Have noted that the B axis does move when the reference command is invoked, but still it will not function.
    All other movement is fine, and the machine preforms accurately despite these symptoms. It has been speculated that an I/O issue may be the cause. Would you have any input on this situation?

Thanks in Advance,
    P.G.

Thanks

Harvey
    Can you tell me why my tool changer will function when running a program. but will not allow me to pull tools out or put more tools in ?
    Thanks
    Chris

Thanks

Harvey
    I hope i can get this answer soon. I have a Haas VF-1 from the early 90's can you tell me if there is a parameter for re orienting the spindle to the tool changer. So if you put a tool in the spindle and call for the tool changer to put it away the spindle does not line up with the tool changer. In other words the tool is trying to be put away out of square to the changer?
    Thanks
    Chris

Thanks

sengenn
    Depending on the model that vintage machine was just going to that type of spindle orientation. An easy fix is to indicate a vice on the table paraellel to the X axis. Lower the Z axis and very slowly using the handle being the keys snug against the solid jaw of the vise and clamp in position. Loosen the spindle motor to relax the belt (reorientating the keys) then retighten the moter into position with the proper belt tension. Open the vice jaws, lift the Z axis clear of the vise and exercise a tool change cycle. When thr carousel is close to the spindle, estop the cycle and manually move the carousel close to the spindle to verify the alingment. The manually push the carousel back a short distance and reference the Z axis. The machine will put the carousel back into it's parked position before the Z axis moves.
    Good luck!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

sengenn (10-07-10)

Thanks

Can you tell me why my tool changer will function when running a program. but will not allow me to pull tools out or put more tools in ?
    Thanks
    Chris

If you are manually wanting to change the tools, I would guess the switch has failed. Does the swithch on the control panel work? (it the control panel switch enabled? there's a setting for that)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

sengenn (10-07-10)

Thanks

Hello Harvey,
    I have a 2007 SL30 that someone in our shop was running and now when the turret indexes, it is not indexing to dead center of the tool pots. The guy says he only bumped the tailstock. All I know is that the pots don't line up right and the face, turn tools are below the tool presetter arm. ??? Please Help!
    Thank you in advance, Steve Stout

Thanks

hello

do you now procedure to introduce the gauges tools measured on a bench and not by the probe.
    (see offset screen the true measurement of tool on SL10 )
    I am French excuse me for the translation)

thank you
    Last edited by lorgre; 10-14-10 at 08:50 AM.

dharajyot Guest

Harvey
    NC-USA
    i want to buy cnc for lettering so which machine i have to buy my job size is 248 x 90 x 10 cm , black granite .

letter is very small

thanks
    waiting for your help
    contact at dharajyot dot com
    god bless you

Thanks

Have you ever had experience with a C Axis Fault on a Hass SL20?? Potential motor, drive, or cable problem?? It has been progressive issue on start up. Originally I could get through power up after several attempts and it would run all day. Now it won't complete the powerup without a C axis fault. Any thoughts on where to start looking?? I've called Hass tech support to disable the c axis so I could continue working but now I need to get it running. I don't recall the error code.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a haas sl-10 the coolant is pluggin up after the pump somewhere do you have to take the back off to get to a filter or somthing?

Thanks

Default SL10 Deadcenter recalibration

Hello Harvey,

since januari first, I have a SL10 and a VF MiniMill. Minimill goes perfect but the SL10 has had a tailstock accident and the center is about a millimeter wrong. I've read somewhere you have a servicemaual to fix this problem. Service of Haas in Holland is bad and expencive so I hope I can do it myself. Also good for learning about this machine.

Do you have good advice and maybe you can email the service manual? It's rather frustrating that after learning programming the Mill, the SL10 stays workless....

Best regards from Holland,
    Willem de Zeeuw
    Last edited by Willem de Zeeuw; 02-02-11 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Wrong item

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast