Thread: dynapath 20 fault

spindle jam Guest

Default dynapath 20 fault

I have a deckel mill with a dynapath 20 control. The problem is that when the x axis reverses, it faults to an e stop condition. I'm new at dealing with a dynapath, and I think the problem is in the axis drive/ chopper? any advise to trouble shoot would be appreciated
    Jeff

Thanks

are you getting any alarm messages, tripping any overloads or any alarm codes on the drive

spindle jam Guest

Default Re: dynapath 20 fault

When it reverses in the x minus it just goes to a fault display of "emergency stop" I'm used to working on FADALs and when I look at the dynapath axis drive cards, I see no leds or displays to further my trouble shooting. I used a multi meter to just see if I get dc voltage at motor and when I run in one axis I get a dc voltage reading, then when we reverse no blip of voltage is detected. That is why I'm thinking drive is bad. What I'm not sure of is the components of one axis drive assembly, if I guesstimate , it looks like one logic pcb board, with two power amplifing type cards per axis. Would it be that each power card is for each direction? and would you know if it could be straight swap for trouble shooting? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Jeff

Thanks

as long as you swap same components, same number same model from same type of machine etc. it should be ok. make sure you check your contactor for that motor see if you have power going to it and out of it, not sure what side you were on when you checked for power.

Thanks

Might want to make sure all the dips witches are the same on the cards before you swap them. Sometimes they are different especially if one axis has a brake on it to keep the head held up. Sometimes there are also rotary switches as well that need to be changed on the front of the cards. I am not familiar with that machine, but worth a look at least as you are swapping them.