Thread: Need help decompiling ladder!

Ugene96rs Guest

Default Need help decompiling ladder!

I have an 18TA control I am trying make a small ladder change on.

I downloaded the ladder via RS232 and can not get FAPT-III to decompile and edit ladder.

Does i matter if I download in ACCII or ISO?

When using FAPT III, am I correct in assuming the first thing to do is Importing the file and let it decompile it?

If so, when I do, it says "succeed data change" and then I let it decompile and get
    "J: F-2101: PMC series is different from 'WFLAD3' Memory card format file".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks

Judging from the error you're getting, I'd say you're not doing anything wrong. The format of the download doesn't matter since it outputs in it's own file format.

My guess is that you have an early build 18TA and that you're still running on EPROM, which will require a new EPROM and the EPROM burner to make an edit.

Typical memory card output for FAPTIII regardless of RS232 or PCMCIA should output as either pmc.000 or pmc.lad
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

Mike,
    AFAIK this error arise in the following situations:
    1. You started "file" "new" "import" and set wrolg pmc type
    2. if you download the ladder directly to fapt ladder, it means that there is no data table for this pmc version in this fladder version
    How to: find and older fapt ladder, as old as your control - I think version 2 will do the job. I mean Fapt Ladder II, not III.

Thanks

Default Re: Need help decompiling ladder!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugene96rs View Post
    it says "succeed data change" and then I let it decompile and get
    "J: F-2101: PMC series is different from 'WFLAD3' Memory card format file".
    I have a similar problem with a Hardinge Conquest T51, 18-TA control, PMC type SA2. (This PMC Type was originally designated "RA2", but Fanuc later renamed the Type, "SA2").

In Ladder III, under File > New Program ..., PMC-SA2 is simply absent from the PMC Type drop-down list, although PMC-SA1 and PMC-SA3 are both listed. Does anyone know why? According to the FAPT Ladder Language Programming manual, there are only minor differences between the three versions; why should 1 and 3 be supported, but not 2.

I was able to download the ladder to a file on the PC via RS-232. I do not know what format the file is stored in. Would it be the same format as would be transferred to a memory card?

I tried importing the file into a "New Program", with PCM-SA1 selected as the PCM type, in LADDER3. Another time, I selected PCM-SA3. In both cases, I specified to import the file as "Handy-file format"; nothing else seemed to work.

I can not tell if the import succeeded or failed. However, when Decompile is attempted, I get the same error as the OP:

J: F-2101: PMC series is different from 'RECMP' Memory card format file.

I'm stuck there. I wanted to link Ladder3 directly to the PMC via RS-232, but there's no "MONITOR" softkey. Elsewhere on this forum, I saw that "MONITOR" can be enabled/disabled by a parameter available under PMCPRM > SETINGS, but there's no SETINGS softkey, either. Does this stuff require an 18i control? Mine's only 18.

Thanks!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wilson; 03-15-10 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

I forgot to mention, I do not currently need to alter the ladder. I just want to be able to view it at the PC. I realize I'd have to get an EPROM burner setup in order to revise the code on the machine.

Also, I did get LADDER II and even LADDER I, but have not messed with them much. I have no idea how one might bring the data from the file I downloaded into these older versions. If anyone is familiar with them, feel free to volunteer your wisdom!

Thanks again!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wilson; 03-15-10 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks

Jim,

The problem you're experiencing is due to FAPT Ladder III not supporting your PMC type. As f-bu stated, you'll need to use FAPT I or II (DOS-based) in order to decompile, edit, or view this ladder on a PC. Make sure that the proper PMC support is present as well.

Thanks

It's a tantalizing situation. FAPT Ladder III supports the RA1/SA1 and RA3/SA3 types, but not the RA2/SA2. There is little difference between the SA2 and the SA3, and I am at a loss as to why SA2 should not be supported when SA3 is. Any reason that might be given for not supporting the SA2 would seem also to apply to the SA1.

The Ladder III Operator's manual gives a method for "porting" a ladder from an earlier model PMC to a newer one. To do this, you simply open the mnemonic file and edit the PMC Type to the one desired. E.g., you would simply overwrite the string "SA2" with "SA3" and carry on your merry way. This leads me to suspect that Ladder III is indeed capable of correctly decompiling the ladder from the PMC, but it is halting before the attempt simply because the SA2 PMC type is not in its "list".

Today, I spent quite some time with Ladder II, which successfully connected to the PMC and downloaded the PMC data into an MCARD file. However, Ladder II gives the same error as Ladder III when attempting to decompile. The RA2/SA2 PMC is present in some of Ladder II's configuration files, but not in all of them.

Ladder 1 v6.1 has so far been unable to connect to the PMC. Apparently the COM port settings are hard-coded (COM1:48,n,8,2) in this version. I configured the PC COM port and the control IO settings to the given values, but the "Connection is Impossible" message persisted. The PC was however able to connect to the control using those same settings in another program. So, I'm not sure why Ladder 1 won't make the connection.

If I knew where the PMC Type is stored in the MCARD file, or in a Handy file, or even a ROM file, I'd try hex-editing the file to masquerade as having come from an SA3 PMC. I have a hunch that any of the ladder editors would then import the data without complaint.

Thanks

Jim,

I can sympathize with your frustration over this issue. We've use both the DOS and Windows versions of the software as necessary, so we've never encountered this problem.

The file obtained via the RS-232 port is usually in the handy file format (assuming that you have no other option selectable via the softkeys). You might be able to to a "File" - "Import" function in FAPT III to handle this, depending on which revision you're using. The latest version (5.90) has much better capabilities for this than the prior versions did.

Finally, if you want to email the handy file to me, I can see if I can convert it to another PMC type, as long as you'll never need to load it back into the same machine.

Thanks

I have it in Handy, MCARD and ROM formats. You can get any of them here:

http://www.paragoncode.com/temp/T51.HF
    http://www.paragoncode.com/temp/T51.MCARD
    http://www.paragoncode.com/temp/T51.ROM

I am grateful for your offer to help. All three files were downloaded from the PMC with the "ALL" option; if you prefer only the ladder, I would be delighted to get those, too.

Thank you!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wilson; 03-18-10 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks

I'll be out of the office for a couple of days, but i should be able to try something for you by Monday.

Thanks

Excellent! Whatever you can do, I sure appreciate it -- even if it doesn't work.

Oh, I almost forgot: my email is jwilson @at@ paragoncode.com.

Take care,

Jim

Thanks

Meanwhile, does anyone have any experience with the old Ladder (1) program? What's the sequence for importing an MCARD file? Do you have to create a new program first?

Cheers!

Jim

Thanks

DOS Ladder waits for PMC type to be set first, then on F4-Discompile screen you set ROM file name and discompiled program name. But if there is no table, or PMC type is wrong, nothing happens.