Thread: Koyo Grinders - Fanuc Memory Backup

Thanks

Question Koyo Grinders - Fanuc Memory Backup

I have been working on backing up all of our Fanuc controls and storing the data on our Network (CNC Parameters, PMC Parameters, Macro Variables, Tool Comp, Part Programs, Pitch Error, and the Ladder). So far everything has been pretty straight forward with the various controls that we have. I am down to the last 4 Koyo’s that are giving us some trouble. Unlike the rest of the Fanuc controls that we have, our Koyo’s do NOT have a “Mode Selector” switch to change between MDI & Edit mode. In order to perform the backup procedures I need to get into “Edit” mode so I can punch out all the data through RS232. I guess the Koyo's are always in MDI mode? Does anyone know anything about Koyo’s or have any ideas on how to get into edit mode or punch out this data? We have tried everything we can think of and looked all over for a switch to get into "edit" mode. When I tried to punch out the data (like I normally would on a Fanuc control) it blinks saying “Wrong Mode".

If it helps, one the Koyo's is a KVD-450W with a Fanuc Powermate D control. Servos: A06B-6089-H104, A06B-6089-H201, A06B-6089-H201. Drives: A02B-0166-B501, A02B-0166-B501, A02B-0166-B501. I have attached some pics too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Koyo 450W with Powermate D.jpg   Koyo Model & Serial Number.jpg   Powermate D.jpg   1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   Drives & Amplifiers.jpg   Drive #1 & #2 (A02B-0166-B501).jpg   Servo Amplifier #3 (A06B-6089-H201).jpg  

Thanks

Default Re: Koyo Grinders - Fanuc Memory Backup

I was able to dig up the ladder. I also attached a scanned copy.

09 (00145) |---[R858.0]---------------------------(MD1 G43.0)---------| MODE SELECT 1

10 (00146) |---[R858.1]---------------------------(MD2 G43.1)---------| MODE SELECT 2

11 (00147) |---[R858.2]---------------------------(MD4 G43.2)---------| MODE SELECT 4

What do you suggest I do now? I have been told in another forum that MD1 & MD2 must be on and MD4 must be off. How would i try this? What is the easiest way to do this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ladder.pdf  

Thanks

You probably have a software operators screen. You can get to that screen by pushing the offset/setting key, then the right arrow key under screen. You can page up and down through the different screens to change modes and to turn on and off the program protect key. You use the directional arrow keys on the keyboard to select line and change values. It's very similar to a 21T control.

Thanks

I was able to figure out how to change Modes. And Koyo also provided me with this procedure (See attachment). For more info on my progress/issues see: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/176021-koyo_grinders_-_fanuc_memory_backup.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NC Program Modification Procedure.pdf  

Thanks

James...thank you for coming back and posting the fix/answer to your problem/question.

Steve
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)