Thread: fanuc parameter

Thanks

Default fanuc parameter

hi

i have an hwacheon lathe with a fanuc control, the only way to change the chuck grip from internal to external is to change the parameter, i have mistakenly alter a different parameter which causes the coolant pump to stay on can anyone help me with this problem

Thanks

Default Re: fanuc parameter

Check in the electrail cabnet on your machine most of the time you will find a list of the prameters there

Thanks

Dear Sir,
    What is the Machine name and Model of Control Year of manufacture?
    Regards
    prabhatmishra@gmx.com

Thanks

i have a list in the back panel of the machine but it does not state what the parameter does the model is fanuc o - t

thanks

Thanks

Default Re: fanuc parameter 1004

Dear Sir,

i am useing Hardinge machine model Quest 10/65 SPL machine and fanuc control as 18i series

i that i need to the display X Y Z as 000.000 now the X Y Z Display As 000.0000 i need to change the desimal point as micron i changed the parameter 1004 bit o as o but the display shoes as 0000.000 kindly help on this.

CHARLESROBINSON

Thanks

Smile Re: fanuc parameter 1004

Quote Originally Posted by charlesrobinson View Post
    Dear Sir,

i am useing Hardinge machine model Quest 10/65 SPL machine and fanuc control as 18i series

i that i need to the display X Y Z as 000.000 now the X Y Z Display As 000.0000 i need to change the desimal point as micron i changed the parameter 1004 bit o as o but the display shoes as 0000.000 kindly help on this.

CHARLESROBINSON
    Parameter No = 01004 is a Least input increment parameter , The Bit #0 ISA and #1 ISC so make Bit 0 and 1 both to 0 Than you can see the machine pos like = 0.001 mm or 0.001 deg
    regards
    prabhatmishra@gmx.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yours_prabhat For This Useful Post:

edward jones (12-20-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yours_prabhat View Post
    Parameter No = 01004 is a Least input increment parameter , The Bit #0 ISA and #1 ISC so make Bit 0 and 1 both to 0 Than you can see the machine pos like = 0.001 mm or 0.001 deg
    regards
    prabhatmishra@gmx.com

i have changed the both bit to 0 but it display as 0000.000 mm is ther any outher parameter is there?

Thanks

i have changed the both bit to 0 but it display as 0000.000 mm is ther any outher parameter is there?

What are you actually trying to do? Change the machine to Metric or run in Inch Mode? If you want to run at the Micron level in inch mode on a Fanuc there are many more parameters that you will need to change and from the sounds of your post, I would advise against it but that's me.

J

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What are you actually trying to do? Change the machine to Metric or run in Inch Mode? If you want to run at the Micron level in inch mode on a Fanuc there are many more parameters that you will need to change and from the sounds of your post, I would advise against it but that's me.

J

i want to run the machine in metric mode but the display shoud be 00.001 kindly do the need full

Thanks

Select MDI, type in G21 then EOB command, insert and then cycle start. The machine is now in metric mode.

J.
    Last edited by Jaguar; 12-29-11 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks

Select MDI, type in G21 then EOB command, insert and then cycle start. The machine is now in metric mode.

J.

ok let me try and get back to u soon

Thanks

J.
    The machine is now in metric mode but the desemial point is .0001mm i need to change this as .001mm ( after the desemial point i need only 3 digit) kindy tell me what parameter to change

Charles

Thanks

The machine is now in metric mode but the desemial point is .0001mm i need to change this as .001mm ( after the desemial point i need only 3 digit) kindy tell me what parameter to change

Charles
    It would appear that Pxxxx.x is on. What is this parameter set to?

J.
    Last edited by Stevo; 01-02-12 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks

Charles,
    These to quotes contradict each other. Do you have both bits ISC and ISA set to 0 and what is the display reading? Is bit 7 (IPR) set to 0?

J,
    These are option parameters and should not be posted publicly. The setting for this is probably going to be in the NC parameters. IIRC the option that you are referring to is going to be the resolution of the control.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

If you check the Fanuc build sheet on that control it is easy to determine whether or not the micron option was purchased. The fact that it is on per the OP's own admission is proof that the paramter that I listed was already turned on so turning it off fixes the issue doesn't it? These parameters are widely available on the net, they are no big secret.

J.

Thanks

If you check the Fanuc build sheet on that control it is easy to determine whether or not the micron option was purchased. The fact that it is on per the OP's own admission is proof that the paramter that I listed was already turned on so turning it off fixes the issue doesn't it? These parameters are widely available on the net, they are no big secret.

J.

Regardless of whether they are widely available, it is still against the forum rules to post them. They are proprietary to Fanuc and like it or not Fanuc is a large corporation that could in fact shut this website down over something that we see as trivial. Another CNC forum was facing legal woes from the same sort of posts, and it's not you or me that has to deal with them. It comes down on Petro, and I know the time and effort he puts into this site. Please respect that.

http://cnc-professional-forum.com/fa...faq#faq_option
    Last edited by codyst; 01-03-12 at 06:23 AM.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

J,
    Cody is 100% correct. I have my own reservations about option parameters and have had many debates with others on them. I to help out with such parameters when I know they have already been purchased for the machine, but you just cannot do it publicly. I guess I should not say help publicly but more so posting specific parameters and bits along with the definition. Fanuc has taken legal action in the past at other forums as Cody already stated.

As to this fixing the problem I still believe that this is going to be setting the proper NC parameter to achieve what he needs. I would also not recommend someone to start changing their option parameters. This will also prove difficult to do depending on the year of the control. I believe that it was about mid 2006 or 2007 that Fanuc went to a new encryption on the i-series control which does not allow you to change these anymore without a Fanuc tech that has to call in for the passwords.

Cody,
    Nice to see you back!!! You have not been around much lately. I hope all is well.

Steve
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevo For This Useful Post:

stevewotherspoon (09-03-12)

Thanks

I know this answer will be late arriving regarding the decimal places, but on Hardinge Quest machines you can have either 0.000 (3 Dec Pl) or 0.0000 (4 Dec pl), I'm not sure if you can change from one to the other just by changing parameters, if your machine is 3 Dec Places then your machine is GP machine (General Precision), but if you have 4 Dec places then your machine is SP (Super Precision) which means sub micro tolerances ... the SP machine is higher specification.

Mark