Thread: fanuc 10T

Thanks

Default fanuc 10T

Hello everybody

This is the first time I connect to this site. I have a fanuc 10T CNC, and because of improper operation the IPL screen displays the following message:

ROM TEST :END
    RAM TEST :END
    AUX CPU STAT : END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL : END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL : ERROR

Can anyone tell me what's the problem

thank you in advance

Thanks

Default Re: fanuc 10T

IIRC you are going to have to do a system clear. Sometimes this alarm I believe to be caused by changing option parameters in the IPL mode and or conflict with the software. I don’t have my book with me and it has been a very long time since this error.

If you do not have a backup of this control then try typing in “0” and input to exit the IPL mode and see if you can get back to the CNC side in order to backup your control. The programs, parameters, and work coordinates can be backed up via RS232 but the PMC parameters like timers, counters, keeprelays, etc all need to be written down as they cannot be sent out via RS232.

Once you backup the control or you know you have a full backup then you can clear the memory thru either the IPL screen by holding down 7 and 9 while powering on the machine. IIRC you should have an option to clear at this point or you may need to press “99” then input and also input thru all the options and it will ask you to clear at the end.

Once it has been cleared then you can enter all of your options thru the IPL screen then load your parameters and PMC data then your programs.

FYI. I also moved your thread to the Fanuc section of the forum as you posted it in the "Introduce yourself" section. More people will view it now and help if they can.

Stevo
    Last edited by Stevo; 10-11-11 at 07:49 AM. Reason: moved thread
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Stevo is right you should do a system clear as well and if you do not correctly enter in the options when you start this will also happen.

Thanks

I think you are right Jamey. It sounds to me like some options were changed and now the alarm is coming up. It is pretty rare that it is due to a software problem. I helped another person at the zone and they had to to the master clear procedure 4 times before the alarm went away. It was due to changing these parameters.

Steve
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Good to know about trying multiple times. I can see if you specify the machine has certain hardware by options this might inhibit you from clearing certain areas and formating machine memory and such.

Thanks

Smile Re: fanuc 10T

Step 1: Power on NC while holding down “7“ and “9” keys on the keyboard. Countinue to hold down "7" and "9" keys until control screen comes on.
    Control should boot up to "IPL Mode"
    Step 2: Enter "99" and INPUT.
    Control should show "Memory check error. Initialize O.K?". Enter "Y" and INPUT
    Control should then display "Axis = ?" .
    Enter number of axis and INPUT (Number of Axis is typically 2 for lathes and 3 or 4 for mills)
    Step 3: Control should display "OP1 = ?"
    Key in the Option Parameters in two-digit Hexadecimal format. Note: OP1 = parameter 9100 and OP2 = parameter 9101 and so on.
    If parameter 9100 = 0010 1110, then OP1 = 2E (Refer to the table on right hand side for more information on converting binary to hexadecimal)
    Continue entering data until OP32. Once completed, control should show "Files must be cleared"
    Enter "Y" and INPUT.
    Control should now show "IPL MODE" again.
    Enter "6" and INPUT to "END IPL Mode"
    Control should then boot up normal and then show several alarm messages.
    This is normal since there are no parameters in the control.
    Step 4: Press EMERGENCY STOP button. Press "SETTINGS" softkey twice to get "SETTING(SETTING)" screen
    Type in "8000" then press "INP-NO". Parameter number 8000 should appear on the screen.
    Type "10000001" and press "INPUT". Alarm " SW000 PARAMETER ENABLE SWITCH ON " will appear.
    Step 5: Press "<" (left arrow softkey). Then press "SERVICE" softkey.
    You are now ready to reload parameters. If you have the data backup on your computer, then setup your RS232 communication parameters now
    After communication parameters have been setup, press "READ" softkey and then press "ALL"
    Start transmitting backup data file. If the control receives the data properly, control should show "INPUT" on right hand corner of the screen.
    If the backup data is not available on computer and if you have a hardcopy printout, start entering parameter data starting from parameter "0000". If no data backup is available, contact your machine tool builder (such as Mori Seiki).
    Step 6: To restore, PMC parameters, press "NC/PC" key on keyboard. Press "PC-PRM".
    Enter Timers, Counter, Keep Relays and Data Tables.

Her is binary to Hex Data :

Binary Data Hex Equivalent
    0000 0
    0001 1
    0010 2
    0011 3
    0100 4
    0101 5
    0110 6
    0111 7
    1000 8
    1001 9
    1010 A
    1011 B
    1100 C
    1101 D
    If you need more Information please feel free to communicate on prabhatmishra@gmx.com

Thanks

Hello sir good day,,

i quoted this messages because we think that we also have the same problem, with the problem posted here.. there is only one slight difference
    and here it is we are also in the IPL mode

Our machine is CNC milling Supermax YCM-vmc-60a with fanuc control 11m

it shows like this...:

FS11MA 2018F
    2 -
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 BUBBLE
    5 -
    6 END IPL
    ? 99
    SYSTEM GENERATE

I P L
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 -
    3 CLER FILE
    4 BUBBLE
    5 -
    6 END IPL

this is the screen display after we input #99
    we do not understand what system generate means..
    we have attempted many time to restore the parameter
    but the result is negative.

that's all for now we hope that you will respond to our query thank you very much...

Thanks

The 10 and 11 series are very similar. The problem you are having will have the same solution as posted above. Look at post #2 about doing a master clear of the control. Make sure that you have a backup of the control. All programs, especially the 8000 and 9000 macro programs, all the NC parameters, and the PC parameters like timers, counters, keeprelays etc. These will be a written copy as they cannot be punched out of the machine via RS232.

Then you can reload everything as posted in post #6.

Stevo

Thanks

Thank you but we try many times doing master clear by pressing 7 & 9 but "system generate" always appear when we type "99" then input we don't know what is system generate the screen did not show the parameters to load it we have hard copy of set of parameter also we have copy of timers and counter and keep relays but we don't have copy of option parameter,how can we solve this problem?Please help us.Thank you!

Thanks

If you don’t have the options it is going to be very hard to get this going again. You say you have the parameters are you sure that you don’t have the options? They will be parameters 9100 thru about 9132 or so.

So the 7&9 did not work but when you have the following screen have you tried any of them?
    I P L
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 -
    3 CLER FILE
    4 BUBBLE
    5 -
    6 END IPL

Try 1 then input, then try 3 and input, and also 4 and input.

It may take a few tries of clearing the memory until it works. I am not sure what the “system generate” means.

Stevo

Thanks

If you don’t have the options it is going to be very hard to get this going again. You say you have the parameters are you sure that you don’t have the options? They will be parameters 9100 thru about 9132 or so.

So the 7&9 did not work but when you have the following screen have you tried any of them?
    I P L
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 -
    3 CLER FILE
    4 BUBBLE
    5 -
    6 END IPL

Try 1 then input, then try 3 and input, and also 4 and input.

It may take a few tries of clearing the memory until it works. I am not sure what the “system generate” means.

Stevo

Thanks

Thank you for your reply but we have already try to input many times 1,3 and also 4 but still we cannot open the parameters for loading,yes we have a hard copy of set of parameter we will try that option when we have done to open the parameter.Best regards!

Thanks

Try another quick thing for me then. Power up the machine while holding down the - & . (minus and decimal symbols). This will bring you to the IPL screen as well. Then press 99 and input. Does the "system generate" message come up on the screen when you do this?

Stevo

Thanks

Default fanuc autoshot plastic mold injection

i have a fanuc autoshot plastic mold injection machine on monitor written just fanuc i am not sure what type of it but it looks like fanuc 11-15
    because of battery down i think all parameters erased and when i power on the machine on screen IPL MODE appears as blow;
    AUTOSHOT 1A23/01 (90.02.01)
    RAM TEST : END
    ROM TEST : END
    AUX CPU START : END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL :END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL:ERROR
    IPL MODE
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 LOAD/VERIFY
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 SETTING
    5 TEST
    6 END IPL

when i enter 99 input then appear

SYSTEM GENERATE
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL :ERROR
    INITIALIZE SYSTEM LABEL OK?

here i must input ''Y'' i guess but this machine has no a,b,c..etc character keyboard like cnc milling or turning machines just numeric keyboard exist on operator panel
    do you know how to setup this system ?
    thanks so much for your help in advance

Thanks

i have a fanuc autoshot plastic mold injection machine on monitor written just fanuc i am not sure what type of it but it looks like fanuc 11-15
    because of battery down i think all parameters erased and when i power on the machine on screen IPL MODE appears as blow;
    AUTOSHOT 1A23/01 (90.02.01)
    RAM TEST : END
    ROM TEST : END
    AUX CPU START : END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL :END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL:ERROR
    IPL MODE
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 LOAD/VERIFY
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 SETTING
    5 TEST
    6 END IPL

when i enter 99 input then appear

SYSTEM GENERATE
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL :ERROR
    INITIALIZE SYSTEM LABEL OK?

here i must input ''Y'' i guess but this machine has no a,b,c..etc character keyboard like cnc milling or turning machines just numeric keyboard exist on operator panel
    do you know how to setup this system ?
    thanks so much for your help in advance

Thanks

Can you take a picture of the control so we can see it?

Stevo

Thanks

here this monitor pics.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

You don’t have any other push buttons? Try pressing the “input” key at this point and see what it does. My guess is it will loop back to the IPL screen again but it is worth a try. Also maybe any other obvious keys that may work.

I will do some digging around in the manuals to see if I can find anything. I happened to stumble across one of my old 10,11,12 series maint manual that I thought I lost in the basement the other day while looking for a different manual. I will see if it specifies anything for controls that do not have the full keypad.

Stevo

Thanks

i tried to push input button and all other buttons but nothing happened it just waits ok thank you stevo i hope you can find something for me.

Thanks

Wink Re: fanuc 10T

here are the best possible way :
    Option No1 = You take an additional key board of Fanuc 10T /10M and load the parameters and Than use your Own Key Board.
    Option No 2:= You try to send the data By RS 232 Communication setting.
    [But you need to be expertise to remove machine from IPL Than only you can put the data by RS232 ],
    Option No 3:= See the Key board drawing and make an additional Hardware Physical input key.
    Option No 4: = Call to MTB (Machine tool Builder ).
    regards
    prabhatmishra@gmx.com

Thanks

You can take Fanuc 10 11 12 keyboard and cable pluge in to the CRT of autoshot machine. This way I've ever done. try to do.

Thanks

Hello! I'm experiencing some troubles with a Miyano FANUC 10T controled system! My error shows on display: ABNORMAL CURRENT IN SERVO on Z axis. I also have an alarm on the spindle relay in the relay panel that won't turn off. The hydraulic system won't start and because of this the machine enteres in an Emergency Stop state and won't exit. Can you help me please either with a techincal book of the FANUC 10T or a solution to my problem? Thank you verry much

Thanks

It will be the A50L-001 transistors in Z axis drive or top board on servo drive.

Thanks

Thank you verry much for your reply WBODDE2. Can you tell me please where I can find those transitors? I have to mention that the model for the Z axis inside my machine is A20B-0009-320.

Thanks

It will be in the bottom of unit under all the boards.

Thanks

Hi everybody

I could not start our FANUC 10TF machines.
    There is an error message display

ROM TEST :END
    RAM TEST :END
    AUX CPU STAT : END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL : END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL : ERROR

Also
    FANUC 10/11 MASTERBOARD displays 0 or o.

Please tell how to remove these errors and start the machine.

Thanks

Sounds like you lost parameters might have to do a system clear. Hope you have a backup copy of T system and F system.
    You might turn on machine and check voltage on your batteries. Replace if need then reload all parameters and data back in.
    Be sure to have it powered up before replacing battries.
    What type of machine do you have?

Thanks

Thank you for your prompt reply. Our machine is Mori Seiki SL-20 and the Control is FANUC 10TF.
    Our problem started after we replaced the defective Batteries in power off condition of the machine.
    Unfortunately, we do not have backup of T system and F system.

Also we do not know how to rewrite all parameters you suggested.
    Can we load it from a Laptop through serial port of the machine?

We will be very thankful and happy if you provide us necessary parameters to reload.

Regards

Thanks

You should be able to get a parameter list from Mori Seiki. The FAPT parameters are a list of separately loaded parameters, done after the basic system is loaded. Mori may have some of their own software built into the FAPT system. If you don't use FAPT, I believe that you can remove the board from the system and turn off the FAPT option parameter. You'll have to ask Mori or Fanuc which one that is.

Thanks

Ouch…no backup. It is going to be difficult to get this machine running. You probably don’t want to hear it but always have a backup of the control especially when you are going to change batteries.

Your best option at this point is going to be to try calling Mori Seiki and giving them the serial number and hope they have an original copy. Another longshot is to call Fanuc and give them the serial number off the control and they may have a copy. Another stretch is to look in the power cabinet and see if you have any onion paper that has the original copy of the machine put there by the MTB for cases like this but they have a tendency to disappear.

Other then the above you need to find someone with the same make model machine and control to try and get a copy of the parameters and PMC data. The hard part to that is working out the options that may or may not be in your machine that was in the copy. The CNC parameters and programs can be loaded via RS232. The PMC data will have to be entered by hand.

I wish I had better news for you. If you get a backup I can walk you thru the procedure to restating the machine via IPL mode and then entering in all the data.

Steve