Thread: Amada punch

Thanks

Default Amada punch

Hello I am new to the site, recently I bought an older Amada turret pega 306072 and i am trying to make it work. Does anybody know if there is a training video on how to program this machine

Thanks

Default Re: Amada punch

Do you have the manuals for this machine? The programming manual will give you all the G-codes for the controller.
    Are there any programs stored in the memory? If you look through these you may be able to figure it out.
    What control is it? Do you use inch specification or metric?

Thanks

Thank you for the reply I have some manuals but can't seem to navigate through it It is a fanuc 6 control and i have it in inches there are programs stored but i can't seem to get to them

Thanks

Look at the programs stored in your machine.
    All the programs will start with (letter) O and up to 4 numbers (max 7999).
    Second line will be G92 X72. Y60. This sets the work co-ordinates. It means the XY zero reference point for your program co-orinates are X 72 inches and Y 60 inches from the centre of the zero reference station, T201 on Amada triple track without autoindex.
    The next line of the program would probably begin with G98, followed X and Y values. This sets an offset for your program co-ordinates. This enables you to program a part and then position it anywhere on your sheet. Very useful for maybe small parts made from offcuts of bigger jobs. G98 can also have I, J, P and K values. These are used for multi-parts, one programmed part can be reproduced a number of times.
    The last line of the program will be G50, this will return the machine to home position and reset the program, ready to start again.
    The program in between G98 and G50 is simply X, Y and T values. You set the X and Y co-ordinates and nominate a tool number to punch a hole.
    So a program to punch a single hole at X12 inches and Y40 inches using tool 201 would be -

O0001
    G92 X72. Y60.
    G98 X0 Y0
    X12. Y40. T201
    G50

VERY IMPORTANT - NOTE DECIMAL POINTS - and have over-ride turned on for your first run.
    There is a lot of other stuff you can use in programs, typically G codes or canned cycles. Instead of entering every single co-ordinate, use a G code. Things like rectangular grid G36 or G37, using two lines of program can punch many holes. You will have examples of these and others in your programming manual.
    Maybe look at some of the stuff on ebay. I have seen Amada programming CDs advertised there.

Thanks

To get to the programs switch to MEMORY or EDIT mode and press PROGRAM key.
    To list the programs stored in memory and available space, switch to EDIT and press (one at a time ) RESET then CANCEL then ORIGIN.
    To scroll through the program you need to be in EDIT.
    To look at or edit other programs in memory, switch to EDIT, and type address letter O and program number, then 'cursor down' key.

Thanks

Many thanks I will try that Today I bought some software from G Puncher this gentlemen seems to be quite knowledgeable on these machines The software that came with the machine is AMPUNCH seems very difficult to use. I am hoping i can do an autocad dxf and bring it into new G Punch software, send file to PC on top of machine and make it go. I am going ot look on ebay for the cd's on programming

Thanks

I will investigate the new software package that the company is switching to and I will get back to you

Thanks

thank you i am getting 078 program alarm i don't see in manual any idea

Thanks

Tom,
    I may be off base here because I do not have the 6 series manual. IIRC it is the same alarm number as the Oseries.

If that is the case then 078 NUMBER NOT FOUND is caused by a few things but is syntax error. This means that a program number was not found so IOW if you are calling a program via subprogram call M98P() the program number that you are calling is not in the memory. It can also appear if you are using any kind of macro statements like GOTON() and if that N address is not in the program the alarm will appear.

Post your code where the alarm is occurring or the whole program if it is not very long and we can take a look at it.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Thanks Will do