Thread: Nakamura Tome Slant 1 HELP!

Thanks

Default Nakamura Tome Slant 1 HELP!

Hello,

I bought a Nakamura in New Jersey last year. when I bought the machine I had the owner run through some programs for me. BIG MISTAKE... He owned it but had little experience running one if any.

He shoved a tool in the turret and when he went to cycle it ......POW. it hit the back of the machine and would not do anything... I already paid for it....he assured me that it would be ok....

Got it home and set up...I found a circuit breaker in the rear that was popped, so I reset it. and still nothing. I found a relay that if I depressed it would rotate the turret like a fan blade. after doing research and contacting Methods....this guy told me to take a 8 foot bar to the turret and sync it up with the number on the control panel. ( it was calling for tool 1 and it the turret was at tool 4 ) I thought he was kidding...I come to find out he was not. So I don't have much faith in them.

After talking to some people in another forum I got better details on how to disassemble the turret and replace the slip rings .....Now....... here is a new problem ...

Originally the machine homed by putting a selector switch to home and moving a joystick to make it go home in Z and X and at that time two green lights would illuminate to let you know your at home.

Now the X axis light will not come on. at first it would if I would run it really slow on approach to the home....and now NOTHING.

Z home light works fine, So....I am taking things apart again....found the two micro switches that I assume the first one homes the machine and the second one is definitely machine overtravel shutdown. ( at least when I push it the hydraulic pump shuts down) The first switch appears to do nothing. I replaced both of them anyway.

I seen yesterday that someone says their are batteries that may be going dead and would provide this scenario. I don't know and really need someones help.

the control is a Fanuc 10 TF 1986 vintage I believe... it has color graphics and the FAPT conversational.

The machine is in like showroom condition ..... paint is perfect, chip conveyor, new Kitamura 8 chuck. and the previous owner told me he only used it on occasion. and the prior 3 years to me purchasing it .... not at all.

I know this was a long thread....thank you for indulging me and please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mick

Thanks

Default Re: Nakamura Tome Slant 1 HELP!

So, is the x axis not homing your only problem actually? Forget about the batteries right now, if that were the problem, the machine would show you an alarm related to batteries, and in case you want to replace them, remember to do it with the power being ON.

If you replaced your X axis home switch, next move is to make sure its being properly depressed by the dog, and that its signal is being sent to the 10T. There is a key named something like PC/NC, depress it, go to PMCDGN or something like that, type X0.0 and then SEARCH to get to the INPUTS list's first page, depress the switch manually and look for a changing character in the screen, if not, change pages with the appropriate key. Once you find it, write down its address. EXAMPLE: X axis home switch = X 5.2.

All INPUTS are X, all OUTPUTS are Y, etc.

Do the same process but now in HOME RETURN function, using your MODE selector switch, that is, send X axis home while looking at your PCMDGN screen.

An easier way is to notice if the X axis speed is lowered at the time the dog presses the switch, this would certainly indicate the switch is good and it's being pressed ok.

Check all that and come back for further instructions.
    Last edited by Sinumeriko; 05-31-11 at 01:49 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

MICK (06-09-11)

Thanks

Sinumeriko,

Thank you for your input, and since I am very, very new to fanuc cnc it will be a lot of reading (much needed) just to interpret what you posted for me.

Someone else told me to push the . and + sign at initial start up.... and it worked. I do not know if that was the proper thing to do.... but it worked.

Now, I will try entering a FAPT program.

Again, thank you!

Mick

Thanks

Yes, that must have taken good care of the problem, let's say that was step number 2 or 3 to try. I didn't want to mention it at first for a single reason: There are some other key combinations that users can learn from reading internet posts where they can send their machines right to heaven without knowing, specially if no backup is available.

It is good to hear you got it fixed, thanks for coming back and posting your solution.

Thanks

NOW, when i took my bike out to ride off the pain today, I noticed that when I pedaled forward, something felt like it slipped. Almost as if the Chain had broken and the cranks suddenly jerked forward (but the chain didnt break).

Pretty much, it slipped and jerked forward, and I was wondering if it had anything to do with the skidding.

Thanks

OK. So to ring slip be clear, two days ago, I finally learned how to skid. Skidded all day until my legs were so sore I coudln't lift them the next day without lots of pain/soreness.

Thanks

I need a slipring assembly that can handle up to 1500 watts of power with a through-bore, I've looked and have not been able to find any that can handle that amount. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or alternatives (something that rotates on one side, stationary on the other and conducts through the assembly).