Thread: crazy 1983 matsuura 500

Thanks

Default crazy 1983 matsuura 500

My machine sometimes has a mind of its own. Specifically to location. When I start a program, sometimes the machine just goes where it wants to. Sometimes into the workpiece. If the machine starts doing what it isn't supposed to, I hit reset and then restart the program and it's just fine. The machine doesn't loose itself if I don't alter the program or take the control out of memory. I can run it but it's hard to let someone else run it.

Thanks

Default Re: crazy 1983 matsuura 500

How many different programs does this happen on and how often does it do it?

Have you ever tried pressing reset a few times before you attempt to go into running the program from memory? What I am trying to get at is maybe you have certain codes active at the end of the program and you are not resetting them properly at the beginning but once “reset” is pressed they go back to default.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

It happened all the time. But I tried resetting 5 times in memory before running the program and it didn't mess up once. I ran it for a couple of hours. I don't exactly trust it yet but I'm getting more comfortable. Now, does the mc 500 tool changer run bi directional? Mine doesn't. I can go through the tools 1,2,3,5,10 but if I am at 5 and tell it to grab 4 it will go to 6. If I staggered my tools so that it doesn't have to go backward it works fine ish.

Thanks

It sounds as if it is getting lost on which tool it actually has and the offset corresponding to it. If you look at the control can you tell which tool the machine "thinks" it has and which offset it "thinks" it is using and is this differ from what it "actually" has?

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Okay. When I change tool 1 to tool 3, the machine does fine. But when I go back to tool 1, the tool changer goes to tool 5 and errors. Alarm 400: seq error2. User message 422: [41] tool counter error1. The command screen says 1 put the tool changer is at the 5 slot. The tool changer is under the spindle and down. I reset and get the tool changer back. I change tools to 11. The tool changer cycles all the way to 1 and pauses. Then goes to 11. No errors. I can go forward but not backward.

Thanks

just a thought but i have a machine that does the same thing but the problem with mine is when the machine is set up they will put all the tools in one area and it weighs the tool changer down and it will not rotate correctly usually i will have them stagger their tools so the weight is distributed all around the tool carousel this helps greatly. my machine is pretty old and it has trouble with very heavy tools.

2 cents

Thanks

So is your tool changer bidirectional or no.

Thanks

it does go both ways yes

Thanks

on my machine i really think the magazine assembly needs rebuilt to correct too much backlash