Thread: Anyone need help on Haas CNC?

Thanks

Arrow Anyone need help on Haas CNC?

I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HARVEY For This Useful Post:

roostersworld (09-14-12),troy2413 (01-29-12)

floyd lobo Guest

Default Re: Anyone need help on Haas CNC?

Dear sir,

Please be reccommend the ratio to be mixed the coolant oil for CNC SBZ140 (Elumatec )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floyd lobo View Post
    Dear sir,

Please be reccommend the ratio to be mixed the coolant oil for CNC SBZ140 (Elumatec )
    Thanks for your questions, ratio of coolant oil absolutely depends on type of metal you cut on the machine, normally we check the concentration of coolant oil in water with an scale device (between 9 to 11 concentration is good). If concentration is less, it will cause of rusting in the machine and burn marks on the parts you cut on the machine. In US most of the customers use synthetic and semi synthetic coolant oil and which should be 5 to 15% coolant against water. But I would reccomend you to talk with your cutting tools provider they might have chart for specific metals.

For more details , please hit me up at: htakhi_usa@yahoo.com . I will provide you further assistance if required.

Thanks
    Harvey

usman umer Guest

hi ma name is usman umer i tell u my problem last day ,my company have takisawa taiwan cnc lathe machine, i have some problem with turret indexing number , tell me how i change my turret tool number , i have servo turret , tell me how i change the tool number of machine , plz tell me the setting of keep relay , where i am changing my tool number
    thx plz quick reply me if any one know this

Thanks

Do you have any suggestions for training on CNC machine repair?
    And is there enough money in it?
    I have thought about doing machine repair on my own for some time but I feel I need more training.
    I have been a machinist for 23 yrs and have repaired CNC mach's out of necessity anything from alignment from a crash to masterboard replacement.
    My expeirience is with Tsugami, Miyano, Wasino, Starr, Hanwha

Thanks
    davbro14

polynex Guest

Exclamation Re: Anyone need help on Haas CNC?

Quote Originally Posted by HARVEY View Post
    I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA
    Hi
    I have a vf3 VMC, i get spindle overheat alarm and the machine stops.
    I was told to change the MOCON pcb , and it worked for 25 days.
    Again the same old problem. I'm told to change the board again

Kindly give me a permanent solution

regards
    Polynex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polynex View Post
    Hi
    I have a vf3 VMC, i get spindle overheat alarm and the machine stops.
    I was told to change the MOCON pcb , and it worked for 25 days.
    Again the same old problem. I'm told to change the board again

Kindly give me a permanent solution

regards
    Polynex
    Hi Polynex
    Normally this problem happen with Mocon PCB and I/O Board, Vector drive and Y/D contactor.
    You said you already tried MOCON, I'll suggest you to try to tighten up Y/D connections. I did face this problem many times i.e.
    1) In SL-30, It was bad Y/D Contactor connections
    2) Other SL-30 machine. It was bad vector drive. There input power was fluctuating, also corrected.
    3) VMC, it was bad MOCON PCB
    4)SL-10, it was bad I/O Board

Hoping this will works for you.
    Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usman umer View Post
    hi ma name is usman umer i tell u my problem last day ,my company have takisawa taiwan cnc lathe machine, i have some problem with turret indexing number , tell me how i change my turret tool number , i have servo turret , tell me how i change the tool number of machine , plz tell me the setting of keep relay , where i am changing my tool number
    thx plz quick reply me if any one know this
    Hi Usman
    I'm sorry, you didnt mention why do you want to change the tool numbers on turret with keep replay setttings. Did you try to index it? Is this indexing with keyboard buttons? If this is indexing, Is there any problem with it missing it's tool positions? if it does, please try to follow the procedure in book with machine. It may need to be restore or it's postion encoder/ sensors are not working fine. Also try to index it manually by purging the solenoid valve on hydraulics system.
    Let me know if this work or not
    Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davbro14 View Post
    Do you have any suggestions for training on CNC machine repair?
    And is there enough money in it?
    I have thought about doing machine repair on my own for some time but I feel I need more training.
    I have been a machinist for 23 yrs and have repaired CNC mach's out of necessity anything from alignment from a crash to masterboard replacement.
    My expeirience is with Tsugami, Miyano, Wasino, Starr, Hanwha

Thanks
    davbro14
    Hi Davbro
    If you already spent 23 yrs in cnc operations then it's not that tough for you to repair the machine mechanically, but I'm not sure about the electronic/electrical skill you have. Yeah sure there is good money for good service person.
    It's depends what kin a skills you have i.e.
    1) Customer satisfaction
    2) Technical Skills you have to solve or any approach any problem.
    3) Communications
    4) Trainings to get better jobs
    5) You might consider one thing here, field experience is better work over trainings
    6) Easy with Travell, it involve a lot of travelling. Only if you get field job.

Note: There are number of CNC repair training schools but it depends how much money you wanna spend.

It looks you have screw machine experience. You should better try with LSI manufacturing, they are always looking for people who are good in these brands

Let me know if you should have more question.
    Thanks
    Harvey

Thanks

do you have any idea where i can get a programming manual for a haas lathe and mill or the virtual emulator i have about 8 years exp in cnc machining and am trying to learn more haas products

Thanks

Harvey
    NC-USA
    Dear Harvey
    Problems with Haas SL 30 THE. During acceleration of the rotary chuck the error 123 (error in the spindle is caused by under or over voltage of the drive motor), the Haas service to my people agree that the mistake was to be found in the vector controller, the controller would not repaired but replaced.
    It is a Vector 40/30 HP, Series 2005, in the order from Belgium is 93-69-1010, but is no longer blocked and replaced by a new model.
    The error occurs even if we are a gear by hand: 600 / Umin, respectively to 10%, then the drive switches off whenever the switch star-delta connection to the engine. Sun has given us a Haas advised engineers to replace this relay board beside the engine again, we have made but without success. As Haas engineers have always been different opinions, was the IGBT inverse S0T227B replaced at the top of the map. This serves to reduce, in conjunction with a very strong resistance to the peaks. Has brought nothing. Then we have the
    large resistance (on top of the machine) surveyed, 5.7 Ohm, should be like him. Sometimes, the drive also switches from the brake.
    Exchanged on the encoder motor ....... to no avail.
    Or it may lie on the spindle motor? I am quite desperate.

Thanks (Sorry for bad english)

Ralfi

Thanks

I just had to replace the processor board in my TM2. They put a different board in instead of the same one my machine had. The new board Has a USB port on it, but it doesn't work. Any ideas as to why?

DougD Guest

I just bought a used Haas Minimill. The mill will not upload programs through the floppy drive. It displays "error reading drive". We switched out the floppy drive with another one out of a computer, but still no luck reading. What else can I do before calling a technician. The programs are known good from another mill, and I'm pretty sure I have the postprocessor and preamble right.

Doug

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DougD View Post
    I just bought a used Haas Minimill. The mill will not upload programs through the floppy drive. It displays "error reading drive". We switched out the floppy drive with another one out of a computer, but still no luck reading. What else can I do before calling a technician. The programs are known good from another mill, and I'm pretty sure I have the postprocessor and preamble right.

Doug
    Doug,

First the obvious: try a new floppy disc. Next, make sure the program starts and ends with a "%" and also be sure you are entering the name of the file, not necessarily the program number. Pressing f4 on the control should produce a "program" with a list of files on the floppy. These tips are based on my experience with a Haas vf2 made in 1997. I hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Don

Thanks

Respected Sir,

We have CNC machine in which we are facing some problems related to PLC control.

Detail of Machine:

Maker: JohnFord

Model: SL-35

Control: Sinumerik 810D

Problem of Machine:

When we ON the machine then after booting its gave one alarm at screen.

Alarm# 2000 (PLC sign of Life monitoring)

Detail of Alarm in Manual:

The PLC must sign of life within a defined period of time (machine data 10100 PLC_CYCLIC_TIMEOUT). If this does not occur, the alarm is trigerred.

Remedy of Alarm in Manual:

Check monitoring time frame in NCK-MD 10100 PLC_CYCLIC_TIMEOUT (refrence value: 100ms)

Please give us technical guidance to solve our problem as soon as possible.

Please sent ur email id.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobb View Post
    do you have any idea where i can get a programming manual for a haas lathe and mill or the virtual emulator i have about 8 years exp in cnc machining and am trying to learn more haas products
    yes go to "www.haascnc.com" then go to tab "customer service". you will see there is an option "manual updates", hit that key and download Manuals what you been looking for, for free.
    Last edited by HARVEY; 12-12-09 at 10:34 AM.

ssred Guest

I have a problem with a 1998 Haas VF-6, that is when I power on all i get on the screen is: 0303FFC FFC7 it wont allow me to view alarms or power up, any sugestions.

SSRED

Thanks

Harvey
    NC-USA
    Hello Harvey,

I have a problem with a HAAS VF-0E, 1998. We just got this machine in about a month ago (used).
    I have run 240 vac to the main cb. and tapped the transformer accordingly. When power on the machine I will get the following alarms:
    Alarm 122 Overheating of regen
    Alarm 176 Over Heat Shutdown

Then it will shutdown in 30 seconds.

I have spoke with Haas tech support and besides some simple checks, they suggest sending out a service rep. This machine has very few hours on it and is very clean.

I have heard that Haas had a problem with one of the boards from '96 to '99. Is this true?

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. I have unplugged every cable and plugged everything back in. Still same problem.

Is the contacter K4 supposed to pull in on start-up?

Thanks,

H. Howard
    Last edited by hrhoward; 12-29-09 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks

Hi Harvey

On a 1994 VF4 the gearbox was not shifting. If I hit reset and zero return single axis it would bypass the shift on startup and I could run the spindle in low gear. This would help the shifting as it would shift after warming up @ 200 RPM. The last time I did this it tryed to fall into high gear while the spindle was running. It ground for about 2 seconds before shutting down. I have since fixed the shifting problem, now when I run the spindle in high gear it has a significant rubbing/grinding noise as the spindle comes to a stop. Most of my work is at 6000 RPM. Otherwise it seems OK. I read where you have been inside a gearbox. I really don't want to replace as Haas only sells the gearbox/motor as an assembly and common sense is telling me the noise is loud enough it is not going to heal on its own but I don't think the box is trashed. Any experienced light you could shed on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks