Thread: AXA with Siemens Sinumerik 3M repair and resurrection thread.

Thanks

Default AXA with Siemens Sinumerik 3M repair and resurrection thread.

Hey guys I am new to the forum,I am putting a machine back into service that has been sitting for some years. Its an AXA made in Germany,and it has a siemens 3M control. I have it under power,and the screen has no information on it,I will try to post a picture,but its solid green with lines across it. I have removed the monitor crt, and the keyboard,power supply in the operators panel and did a visual inspection. I didnt see anything obvious, I did see another forum post of a guy that had the same part number monitor crt that he had scavenged,he only had the monitor he didnt have the video adapter. He had it powered up on the bench,and it looked exactly like my monitor with the green screen with lines. That led me to believe maybe my problem is further upstream. So last night I unplugged the 50 pin d-sub cable from the control to the operator panel and powered the machine up. There was no change,so today I will trace out the cable and make sure it is not damaged. The operator panel was taken off the rail and laid on the machine table for transport so it is very likely the cable could be damaged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190508_101157.jpg  

Thanks

Default Re: AXA with Siemens Sinumerik 3M repair and resurrection thread.

The backup battery is dead,and the control will not start with a dead battery. I ordered the correct battery,it will be here tomorrow. So I will be reading about machine parameters,and data. I have a film canister with three tapes in it,and I also have a floppy with files on it. I am sure the company I bought it from had it connected with the rs232

Thanks

Default Re: AXA with Siemens Sinumerik 3M repair and resurrection thread.

I replaced the battery,reset the pc/plc now I have a green led near the stop/run swith but both red leds are lit on the other card now. I held the 6 and input keys with power on to load the basic machine data. I now have a control off button/light flashing on the operator panel. The screen has not changed from the green screen with lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190510_181511.jpg   IMG_20190510_181440.jpg   IMG_20190510_181440.jpg