Thread: ZF Gear Box

Thanks

Default ZF Gear Box

Anyone has machines that has ZF Gear Box ??? Any some reasons that if is good or no good and if has a lot off problems. I stil work in a Leaderway LX3220 with a lot off problems. In low speed, the machines cut material normal, like no gear box. The control is an FANUC 18IMB and the spindle motor is Alpha 15/7000i (11/15 KW) . In another customer, i has on Veker CVK1500D with Siemens 802DSL, and the spindle motor is PH7 with 11 KW and ZF Gear Box, and cut more material whitout problems. My question is if with Gear Box, the Power multiply or if te torque multiply ??? To cut material, you need Power or you need Torque ??? Any suggestion will be apreciate.

Thanks a lot

Daniel

Thanks

Default Re: ZF Gear Box

I am not familiar with that machine. But my first question is what kind of problems or differences are you seeing between each machine. If you watch the spindle speed diagnostics does it slow down when your cutting. If the answer is no then there is not enough torque or to much load in the gearbox, Bearings, or to high tool pressure. If you see the spindle speed fluctuate during the cut I would first megger out the spindle motor and leads from the drive or contactors. As well as check the contactors that feed the power to the spindle drive if available.

If the speed does not fluctuate at all, then my guess would be that there is nothing wrong with the gear box. You would then need to look to see if there is play in the spindle bearings by doing a side load test with indicators. Or there could be a rigidity problem and gibs may need to be checked

Thanks

Ok, thanks a lot !!! In the spindle diagnostics, the load never slow down. Always 35% !!! The CNC is an Fanuc 18IMB. No mechanical problems. My question is, for example, an gear box is to increase the torque or the power ??? You know, when you are cutting some kind of material, that you need high remove material, you need torque or power ??? When i am using the power of the motor ??? Maybe, i was make mystache thinking about.

Daniel

Thanks

In the diagnostics did you watch the spindle speed, not the load meter? the spindle speed should not fluctuate. Page down several times in DGNS screen you will see much more diagnostics for spindle including following error and such. Monitor that during the cut.

It would depend on the gear box setup. If the motor for example runs at 1750 rpm and when running directly that is maximum possible. If you run it through a gear box. You can either make the output shaft run faster and therefore less torque then the motor running directly, but much higher speed. Or step it down to have more torque/power to handle a heavier cut at a lower RPM.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Thanks CNCmach,

I talk with ZF about the product. ZF gear box is use, a lot off times, in a big machine that need´s remove a lot off material with torque and no with power. I was working thinking that´s the same (power and torque), but has a diffrence between that. I post an catalog about ZF Gear box here.

Daniel

Thanks

Will check it out.