Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Thanks

Smile Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

Hello Harvey.
    I have a HL-1 lathe model 1996; I got it 3 mo. ago and worked fine until suddenly I could not make it zero the turret.

The x and z axis work fine under manual jog.

When I request "home", x and z do so, the turret pushes out as if it was going to turn but then It stops / faults. If I see the alarm list I see first #102 (servos off) and then alarm 113 (Turret unlock fault).

The IOPCB has a blinking red light under #P30 (TOOL SHUTTLE MOTOR OUTPUT (810A)
    I serviced the solenoid controlled air valve and it works fine both electrically and manually operated.
    The air cylinder works ok pushing the turret forward.
    The limit switches were checked for continuity and are ok.

I welcome any ideas your have to resolve this.
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
    RM

Thanks

Default Re: Any body need Haas CNC help?

HARVEY,

2010 VF2 SS Doors, Any way around the micro switches to keep open. We do a lot of quick mill work on plastic parts. Its a real hassle to close doors for a 30 second cycle. doing 51 in settings like on my SL-20 doesn't do it. Really don't want to jam homemade key in switch. New machines have double sided switch so both doors have to close together. Is there another setting like 51?

Thanks

hi harvey! i lyke to ask you if you know how to change bearings in a milling spindle of haas? it sems that the closing nut is mounted by shring?!
    thank for you fast answer, dancurgol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HARVEY View Post
    I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA
    Hello
    We have a problem wuth oyr haas sl 30 the hyd pump make a wining sound and we can only get 215 psi of clamping force and that doesn't seem to be enought. what do you think could be the problem. we thought it might be the filter but we cant seem to find the filter also the system seems to run hot.

Thanks

I'm here to help people who have any kin a CNC problem specially Haas. I will try my best to resolve your problem. I have about 8 yrs CNC field service experience. I will feel great to help others.

Harvey
    NC-USA
    i need help with my 97 vf3
    when i power up and restart, i have a 103 alarm code. when i try to move my x axis or any axis it bumps.. the machine bumps, and it goes about a hundred thousandths and then pops the alarm. can you help me out with this please?

mark

Thanks

Hello, I am running a Haas TM-1 Tool room mill. My tool changer is not working. I can change the tool manually and run with just tool #1. When the machine changes tools automatically, it goes through all the motions until the head is supposed to lift away from the tool changer carousel. Then the machine stops as if it is jamming up on something, even with no tool in the spindle. In the diagnostics screen, the "drawbar open" is not registering. Is this a limit switch? How do I get to it? Can anyone tell me where to get a schematic for the drawbar and limit switches? Thanks.

Thanks

hello harvey. i have a haas vf2ss with a in line 12,000rpm spindle that is making noise. in talking to a tech they told me to drop the spindle and run the motor to see if the noise was still there. it wasnt so we replaced the spindle. noise is still there and getting worse but sounds different now. it starts with a click and then progresses into an all out squeal the plastic spider in the love joy coupler looked good and we don't believe its coming from an encoder. when we replaced the spindle any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Harvey,

I have and HS-1 and getting the #134 alarm and it seems to be a tool clamp fault cause it dont release the tool when it positions itself in the toolchanger slot, any suggestions?

Thanks

Harvey,

We have recently purchased a HAAS SL-20 we are getting 2 error codes.
    772 V Phasing error MoCON2 and
    762 V Cable Fault

Can you tell me what these are in reference too?

Thank you

Thanks

Yes, I have some green horn questions for you. Would you mind if I emailed them to you?

Thanks
    Irishyankee

Thanks

Default Re: Automatic Gates Manufacturers, Automatic Garage Door,

Quote Originally Posted by herculesautomation View Post
    herculesautomation.com
    "Hercules automation is one of the leading brands in the market for Fabricated items, Boom Barriers, Garage Door , Rolling Shutters and a pioneer in the field of Remote Control Doors and Gates in south India for over a decade."
    To Whom It May Concern,

I for one, finds your duplicate Posts in many threads advertising your product, most tedious. Particularly as it seems your only contribution to this Forum has been self promotion. Effectively you highjack the Thread and take the focus away from the OPs question. Your Multiple Posts simply dissuade me from viewing your product with any regard whatsoever.

Yours in engineering,

Bill

Thanks

I have an older haas vf3 (1993) model when i change tools the machine lockes up and goes into alarm But if there is no tool in the spindle or carrosel it will change them fine I also noticed that when it does change a tool I can see the carrosel hit the spindle . Is the carrosel out of adjustment or is it the spindle?

thanks troy2413

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by troy2413 View Post
    I have an older haas vf3 (1993) model when i change tools the machine lockes up and goes into alarm But if there is no tool in the spindle or carrosel it will change them fine I also noticed that when it does change a tool I can see the carrosel hit the spindle . Is the carrosel out of adjustment or is it the spindle?

thanks troy2413
    Troy,
    When you say that the carousel hits the spindle, do you mean in terms of Z height, or does the carousel move in too far towards the centre line of the spindle?

If in term of Z height, there is usually no, or not much height adjustment of the carousel itself, and aligning the spindle in the Z axis with the carousel is more conveniently done with positioning the spindle in Z. Following is the method used to determine the correct alignment of the spindle in Z with the carousel:

1. Place a tool holder in the tool grip of the carousel. Use the tool grip that is adjacent to the spindle.
    2. Using a height gauge, or comparator off of the table, or off of a riser block on the table, bring the device into contact with the underside of the Tool Change Ring of the tool holder, or the end face of the tool holder.
    3. If a height gauge used in 2, note the measurement.
    4. Remove the tool from the carousel and place this same tool in the machine spindle.
    5. With the spindle at the Tool Change Position in Z, usually Reference Return (G28), or second Reference (G30) in Z, repeat the procedure in 2 above and determine any variation.
    6. The Tool Change will either be executed via a Tool Change Macro program, or via a PLC program. Which ever it is with your machine, you will be able to determine whether the G28 or G30 position is used for the Z Tool Change position.
    7. If there is any variation between the two measurements found in 2 and 5 above, the spindle position in Z for the Tool Change will need changing via parameter setting.

Regards,

Bill
    Last edited by angelw; 01-30-12 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks

If there is a variation How would I change the parameters in the Z zero or tool change position ?

Thanks

Harvey
    NC-USA
    we are looking at a 50 taper haas milling machine. any input on how they handle nickel or titanium? Have you heard of any problems with them

Thanks

this machine i have is a 40 taper and i have not heard anything on the metals you discribed

Thanks

Default Re: Automatic Gates Manufacturers, Automatic Garage Door,

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    To Whom It May Concern,

I for one, finds your duplicate Posts in many threads advertising your product, most tedious. Particularly as it seems your only contribution to this Forum has been self promotion. Effectively you highjack the Thread and take the focus away from the OPs question. Your Multiple Posts simply dissuade me from viewing your product with any regard whatsoever.

Yours in engineering,

Bill
    Hey Bill,
    You should not have to worry about him any more.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by troy2413 View Post
    If there is a variation How would I change the parameters in the Z zero or tool change position ?
    Hi Troy,
    Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I haven't got a HAAS manual, but I'm sure there would be a parameter or setting variable that can be modified to adjust the Z Reference position of the spindle.

I assume by Carousel and the fact that it hits the spindle, you mean an umbrella type magazine; the type where the tool point down towards the table.

I'm not overly familiar with mechanical construction of the HAAS machine, but when an umbrella carousel is involved, either the spindle will travel in a Z+ direction to clear the tool holder from the spindle, or the Carousel moves down toward the table to achieve the same result. The spindle moving in the Z+ is the most common method across all makes, and often a 2nd Reference Position is used as the Tool Clearance position. Fanuc controls use G30, and perhaps HAAS may also.

In any regard, the method of checking alignment of the spindle with the carousel I described in my first post, is the proper method to use. If there is a misalignment you will have to find the parameter to adjust the spindle position; it should be listed in the HAAS manuals (maintenance probable) if you have them.

Post back and let us know if you resolved the issue.

Regards,

Bill
    Last edited by angelw; 02-02-12 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks

This morning our Haas CNC, while someone was calibrating a tool the machine went straight down on the z axis without any buttons being pushed. When he hit the e-stop it kept lowering until it stopped by itself, the e-stop did not work. It did this on 2 other occasions today. Any one have any idea why? Being that is a safety issue I want to get it resolved right away. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Im contacting you on behalf of my boss. He has Haas VF2 and had spindle replaced 6 months ago. Well 2 days ago the alarm Spindle Motor Overheat came on. And when restarting it wont leave screen is there a way restart or remove alarm by way of fuse or breaker the problem has been handled it was oil pump. Thanks for your assistence.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrick404 View Post
    This morning our Haas CNC, while someone was calibrating a tool the machine went straight down on the z axis without any buttons being pushed. When he hit the e-stop it kept lowering until it stopped by itself, the e-stop did not work. It did this on 2 other occasions today. Any one have any idea why? Being that is a safety issue I want to get it resolved right away. Thanks in advance.

Its very unusual for an Emergency Stop circuit not to work. Normally an E/Stop function is arranged in the following way.
    1. The E/Stop button press is monitored in software for the purpose of reporting the condition to the operator. But Emergency Stop should not be controlled in Software.
    2. The circuit is so wired that it removes power from critical components of the control and machine.
    3. The Switch is Normally Closed, so that if a wire breaks, the circuit Fails Safe.

It is a very poorly designed circuit if it does not satisfy the above, and would leave the manufacturer open to litigation in the case of injury involving the machine.

The only way I can see that the Emergency Stop circuit would fail, is if the Switch itself does not break the circuit. Accordingly, check that the switch is functioning correctly.

I'm not sure of the arrangement of the HAAS machine, but frequently, there will be a brake on the Z servo motor to prevent the spindle dropping to the table when power is removed. Are you sure that the Emergency Stop is not working, or the brake (if one exists) on the Z axis in not working? It should be obvious if the E/Stop is working, as the control should report that condition.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks

Hi Harvey

I have a 2005 haas vf3. When running DNC programs I get an intermittent "system alarm". The code will have some corrupted characters. This is the only machine tool in our shop that will get these problems. Haas factory says to clear the memory and it should fix it. No such luck. Any ideas?

Regards

Trent

Indepak, inc. senior programmer

Thanks

Hello Harvey ..

I have two machines Haas VF1, and Haas TL3.

They both have the same problem. When I tray to turn them on in the morning, they give Error: 648, 649, 160, 292

I have trayed to replace capacitors on vector drive, but the error is still there.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Thanks

Hello Harvey,
    MY HAAS SL20 has no hydraulic pressure for the tail stock. The pump is pumping and there is fluid in the tank but no hydraulic pressure for the tail stock. Anybody have an idea of what could be happening?
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CNCSerotta View Post
    Hello Harvey,
    MY HAAS SL20 has no hydraulic pressure for the tail stock. The pump is pumping and there is fluid in the tank but no hydraulic pressure for the tail stock. Anybody have an idea of what could be happening?
    Thanks in advance!

Assuming that you have hydraulic pressure at the pump and to other components, such as the chuck, I would start by checking the valve used to regulate the pressure to the tail-stock. There are a myriad of things that can affect the functioning of such valves; the most frequent being foreign material lodged in the valve block oil galleries. You will have to dismantle the valve to confirm this.

Depending on where the valve is located, relative to the hydraulic pump and the tail stock, start by confirming pressure in the line running to the tail-stock, closest to the pump, and work towards the tail-stock as confirmation is made.

If you have pressure at the pump, it can only be a blockage somewhere between pump and tail-stock, or a problem with the switch or solenoid to advance and retract the tail-stock. The switch/solenoid scenario give the illusion of low, or no pressure.

Regards,

Bill
    Last edited by angelw; 06-30-12 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks

Default installation info

I would like to recommend you to see a new product that allows easy installation of any CNC or other heavy machine.
    This is a brand new product.

http://www.aositilt.com/EZ-LEVEL-PRO-CNC.pdf

Using this product you can decrease the machine installation time by more then 75%. You do not need to run back to the sensor to verify machine orientation. The display moves with you to each setup screw and corner.

Thanks

I need help with our 1999 HAAS SL 20 tool setter it has become loose where the arm pivots down into place and is basically worthless for setting tools right now. I have been searching online for something regarding this model and can find nothing. I have found that newer models have some adjustments that can be made via a couple of set screws but ours does not look the same as those. Nor does it have the set screws for adjusting unless they are inside the housing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12