Thread: Home position setting on M500 mitsubishi, How is Base number used.

Thanks

Default Home position setting on M500 mitsubishi, How is Base number used.

Had a problem the other day with setting home position on a Toyoda with a mitsubishi M500 (one of the rare toyodas with mits). Normally its fairly easy but for some reason when the axis was just at the right spot when established. After power down and up the control would say home position was .75 to 1" away from where I established it. Why not sure. Tried several times in other locations and it worked flawlessly. Came back to exactly where I wanted it to be and same thing. So to fix this the only thing I did was take what ever numbers were in the (2) Base which was -14.361 in this circumstance and set it to 0. Powered down then up and wa..la home position moved and life was good.

So why this number or register did this I do not know since all the other axes also had numbers in them as well and I noticed many other controls also have numbers in them. If anyone can shed some light in on this and how the control uses this register that would be great.

Thanks

Default Re: Home position setting on M500 mitsubishi, How is Base number used.

Admin,

I never work whith M500, but in M70 and M700 system, if a Jog the axis to position that i want, it´s not significant, because the motor looking for, always the zero mark in the encoder. So i need put in the screen the shift that i need, for example the zero mark to the point that´s is the zero machine.

Daniel

Thanks

Hi xavierdemoura,
    Are you saying you just shift the base value number to move your home position to the correct position? Therefore avoiding going through the entire procedure with #11 ABSON and general reestablishment?

Thanks

Thanks

Admin,

In M70 this is the procedure. The machine only do the home position in the zero mark of encoder. If you need shift then, you need put an value. In M64 is the same procedure. I attach some pictures that are copy of the manual. In this pictures explain the procedure, the prm´s number to change and how the CNC think !!!

Best Regards,

Daniel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Absolute-Position-1.jpg   Absolute-Position-2.jpg   Absolute-Position-3.jpg