Thread: Help with coding cycles on Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 controller

Thanks

Default Help with coding cycles on Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 controller

Hello,I am new to programming and working with CNC machines.Recently I have learned to program manually but it takes lots of lines of code to do roughing for example and as I saw g71 roughing cycle could be of much use there.The problem is most of the posts on net regarding cycles are for Fanuc control but I am working on Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 system and the examples I saw for Fanuc system do not work with TX-8.If anyone has experience with this type of control could you please help me?I just need to know basic format on how you set up and write cycles for this type of control.

Thanks

Red face Re: Help with coding cycles on Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 controller

Quote Originally Posted by jasko View Post
    Hello,I am new to programming and working with CNC machines.Recently I have learned to program manually but it takes lots of lines of code to do roughing for example and as I saw g71 roughing cycle could be of much use there.The problem is most of the posts on net regarding cycles are for Fanuc control but I am working on Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 system and the examples I saw for Fanuc system do not work with TX-8.If anyone has experience with this type of control could you please help me?I just need to know basic format on how you set up and write cycles for this type of control.
    Hello, I was just searching the internet for something and came accross this forum and your post. I'm a retired engineer and former Traub employee and spontaneous decided to sign up. Are you still looking for information about the TX8 control? I forgot many things over the years but still know a thing or two about these machines. Please let me know if you still need help.

Thanks

Default Re: Help with coding cycles on Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 controller

Quote Originally Posted by RB1 View Post

Hello, I was just searching the internet for something and came accross this forum and your post. I'm a retired engineer and former Traub employee and spontaneous decided to sign up. Are you still looking for information about the TX8 control? I forgot many things over the years but still know a thing or two about these machines. Please let me know if you still need help.
    Yes i still need help,the main problem I have is how do you write cycles in program,what i need is an example of how you write cycles G71,G72,G73 if you can please explain it to me?

Thanks

Smile Re: Help with coding cycles on Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 controller

Hello, just noticed your reply.
    Basically all the roughing cycles on the TX-8 control take the information from the finishing section/contour of the program. You need to put a line number at the beginning of the finishing contour and another (higher) one at the end of your finishing pass. In the roughing cycle the letters "P" and "Q" refer to these line numbers. It depends on the work you due but in practice you can most likely cover 90% of all roughing with the G71 cycle.

Attached please find a scan from the Traub TX-8D Programming Handbook. Unfortunately it is in German and Metric but nevertheless, the sketches and samples should be self explanatory. Take a look at it and let me know if you need more explanation, information for the other cycles or some translation. I'm a bit pressed for time right now since I'm going on a trip for 6 weeks out of the country but will be back before the holidays.

Just a few comments for easier understanding. The G71 rough cycle has the ability to do contour parallel and descending contours. However depending on the type of roughing tool used it might not be able to do the descending contour. For that you have G88 and G89. G88 before the G71 cycle will tell the control to rough out the descending contour, G89 will tell it to skip the descending section. For safety the default in the control is G89 - skip

Another small thing is tool nose radius compensation - you can rough with or without tool nose radius compensation, depending where you put your line numbers in the finish contour. If the G46 command for tool nose radius compensation "ON" in the finishing contour comes after the start line number the G71 cycle will use tool nose radius compensation for roughing as well.

The meaning of the letters in G71:

A - would be a subroutine number. Instead of having the finishing contour between line numbers you could call the contour from a subroutine as well.

P - start line number

Q - end line number

I - finishing allowance in X direction

K - finishing allowance in Z direction

D - depth of cut

F - feed rate

E - reduced feed rate for the descending part of the contour if you use the G88 function

S - spindle rpm or constant cutting speed

Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G71 Roughing Cycle.pdf