Thread: OKK MCH-600, Fanuc 16M: 309 APC Alarm : B axis ZRN IMPOSSIBL

Thanks

Default OKK MCH-600, Fanuc 16M: 309 APC Alarm : B axis ZRN IMPOSSIBL

300 APC Alarm : B axis need ZRN; 309 APC Alarm : B axis ZRN IMPOSSIBL..

We have these two alarms on an OKK MCH-600 Mill. In addition, CNC also throws up Alarm 90 (REFERENCE RETURN
    INCOMPLETE) when we hit B+ button in Ref mode.

Machine had its battery drained out & we got them changed and all 3 linear axis (x, y, z) were re-established with their respective Reference points. But the B axis is not rotating by any means such as Jog, handwheel (even after the Table is unclamped; M11) or even when trying to Move it in ref. mode! We understand, B Servo Motor need to turn a bit to let its servo Drive and CNC recognize the Absolute Encoder in it. I am trying to find out what could be the reason, the B axis don't rotate!(all the other axis are fine, able to establish their zero point.) Strange, what interlock, B axis is stumbled with? This issue is seen on a OKK Horizontal Mill, after replacing the dead battery. Do we need to remove the B motor from the machine and rotate its shaft by hand to let the servo Drive / CNC recognize the Absolute Encoder position in it so that we can try the B rotation using the CNC later? We are stuck with this issue now.. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Default Re: OKK MCH-600, Fanuc 16M: 309 APC Alarm : B axis ZRN IMPOSSIBL

Sanssp,
    First I would check that the pallet changer is in proper position to move the B axis. Also make sure pallet is at a clamped state. Then a lot of manufactures have a special bit or procedure to do. Sometimes you can toggle the 1815 bit to say home position is at that point then move the axis to proper position and retoggle.

Thanks

Dear Petro,

I fully agree with you on this... "Then a lot of manufactures have a special bit or procedure to do". Some of the simple issues, they conceal from the end users so that they can actually "solve" the "problem" for them.

Thanks for your feedback. I had already tried this method several times before my posting here but The B does not move at all, by Manual or Auto mode.

For the benefit of this forum users, here is how I worked around this problem and solved the "issue" by the following method.

1) Set both APC and APZ = 0 (PM 1815 for B), an alarm will appear to power OFF, but DO NOT off yet.
    2) Set both APC and APZ = 1 (PM 1815 for B) and then power OFF & ON the machine.
    3) Set mode to "Zero Return" and press the B+. The B will not rotate but the B Home LED will light up and the "current position" will be recorded by CNC as B zero and the 300 APC Alarm gets cleared..
    4) What I found out was, This machine does not support the B rotation in "Manual mode". That is the reason, all my previous attempts were stuck at Point # 3 and the stalemate ensued.
    5) What I did was: I commanded a B value in MDI mode and the B rotated to the set value as per command! (we can set any angle in MDI or Auto, then B moves!) Manual/Handle movement is not supported on that machine!
    6) With this info, Feel lucky and god bless ---

Quote Originally Posted by Petro View Post
    Sanssp,
    First I would check that the pallet changer is in proper position to move the B axis. Also make sure pallet is at a clamped state. Then a lot of manufactures have a special bit or procedure to do. Sometimes you can toggle the 1815 bit to say home position is at that point then move the axis to proper position and retoggle.

Thanks

Glad you were able to get this going and thanks for posting how you resolved this issue. Cheers!!