Thread: Waterjet computer problem

Thanks

Default Waterjet computer problem

I would like to introduce myself and also ask for some help with a Waterjet computer problem. My name is Todd and I am 44 years old and live in Lexington SC. I am fascinated by cnc machines but am totally ignorant. I have an ingersoll rand hs 1000 Waterjet that I bought for a price that I knew would take a lot of work. Anyway, it has been sitting for a year or two and I decided I want to fix it (or have it fixed). I looked through paperwork when I got it and found that the computer had lost the software. I called the tech at Kmt and he said that he remembered the machine (not good) and that the software was lost; don't really know what that means but probably isn't good. I have the computer with it but it is basically a jigsaw puzzle and a board has been taken out (which I have). Anyway, here are my questions; should I try to fix what I have got (don't know what is wrong with it) or should I retrofit the machine and put new motors,controls, etc. Also is Mach 3 compatible with water jets or not? I haven't been able to find any reference of water jets being compatible with Mach 3 software. Any advice is greatly and I mean greatly appreciated; go easy on me; I am computer illiterate.

Thanks

Default Re: Waterjet computer problem

I have some more information on the Waterjet. The motors are Berger Lahr PL-50 and from what I have read they are 5 phase. With that being said are there any computer systems out there that will run these motors; any further ideas on what software would be compatible?