Thread: Dnc communication

Thanks

Default Dnc communication

Hello everyone!

i m new here and i've got a problem with DNC communication with CNC Turret Punch and Computer. Now i m using Gsender software and my machine is Amada Vipros 345 Queen,FANUC amadan 04pc , 1997. i aldy set parameters setting at computer side but i don't know how to set parameters in NC control. Does anyone know which parameters need to be changed and how to?

Thanks

Default Re: Dnc communication

Hello,
    How have you been transfering programs to the 04pc until now?
    Did your "Gsender" software come with instructions? Because generally DNC parameter settings are software specific!
    I use "Machine Talk" I am verey happy with how it works! I have used "HandShake" before, the parameter setting are differant than Machine Talk!
    I would be happy to give you the instructions for both of them if you want?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly Gilgan For This Useful Post:

AMK (02-15-14)

Thanks

Thank u for ur reply.Of course i want everything useful for me and i'll appreciate it. We've just bought Gsender software and they gave us the communication setting as follow. But i couldn't use it bcoz i didn't know how to receive program from NC control. I mean which mode i have to choose (Edit,Jog,Memory,Tape etc.) and which key i have to press, i simply admit it . And which parameter i need to change at NC control? Some more u just ask me "Handshake" and "Machine Talk" also i've never heard of it. Please help me where i can find and learn about "HandShake" and "Machine Talk", Thank u again.

BAUD RATE 4800
    STOP BITS 2
    DATA BITS 7
    PARITY Even
    PARITY CHECK no
    XON/XOFF yes, XON CHARACTER DC1(17), XOFF CHARACTER DC3(19)

Thanks

Hello,
    Do you have an "Operator's Manual"? If not you should be able to get on from Amada.
    The following section will show you how to send an NC program from your host computer to your control. To send an NC program to the control, you need to set your control ready to receive data and then to start the transmission from the host computer.

Setting the Amadan Fanuc O4P-C Control Ready to Receive
    To set the control ready to receive data, follow these steps:

1. Make sure the "EDIT PROTECT" key lock is turned to its "OFF" position.
    2. Turn on control. When it is ready, depress the “EDIT” key on the control console to select the edit mode.
    3. Depress and hold down the "FUNC" key then press the “PRGRM” key.
    4. Press the “READ” soft key below the screen. The “READ” message should start flashing, indicating that the 04PC control is ready to receive.

Let me know if this helps or if you get any alarms

Thanks

Yes sir, I've got an "Operator's Manual". I followed yr instruction but a little bit different in procedure. What I've done were as follow,

1. Turned "Edit Protect" key to "OFF" position.
    2. Turned on control. Pressed the "EDIT" key on the console to select the edit mode when it was ready.
    3. Pressed "PRGRM" key only (bcoz no "FANUC" key on my machine).
    4. Pressed the "READ" soft key below the screen.
    Then the "READ" message not flashing but an alarm coming instead "No. 086 HAND SHAKE ERROR" , so what's next pls?

Thanks

Hello,

Please go to the link attached and down load this manual. Go to page 28, there you will find step by step to change parameters for communication for O4P-C control. Be aware that you will need to know the correct parameter numbers for you specific sending software "Gsender"to make this work! I would hope that Gsender has "support" and that they could give you those correct paramerter numbers! Good luck! Let me know if this helps.

http://www.i-logic.com/Manuals/04PCParameterBack-up_and_Restore.pdf

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly Gilgan For This Useful Post:

AMK (03-16-14)

Thanks

Hello again,

The Gsender software that you have is it a "demo" or did you buy it? Because if you purchased it from 'Sketchline Technologies" they supply support! I dont think you can make the demo version work?
    http://www.metalpuncher.com/index.html

Thanks

Dear Mr Kelly Gilgan

I've downloaded the Manual and tried to change parameter as in the manual and it didn't work properly. like you said i need to get the right parameters for Gsender software and so now i m trying to contact Gpuncher people. Thank you for yr help and now i know how to go in parameter page and how to change and I'll let u know when i get the right parameters and after done successfully.

May I ask you another problem
    My triple knock-out tool is not working consistently. I've already asked the tool supplier (KETEC Precision Tool ) and they said test again and again and go down the punch bottom position and once I will get the right btm position but can't get. Sometimes it was ok but sometimes not,I meant became hole. Could you suggest me something pls?

Thanks

Dear Mr Kelly Gilgan

I've downloaded the Manual and tried to change parameter as in the manual and it didn't work properly. like you said i need to get the right parameters for Gsender software and so now i m trying to contact Gpuncher people. Thank you for yr help and now i know how to go in parameter page and how to change and I'll let u know when i get the right parameters and after done successfully.

My triple knock-out tool is not working consistently. I've already asked the tool supplier (KETEC Precision Tool ) and they said test again and again and go down the punch bottom position and once I will get the right btm position but can't get. Sometimes it was ok but sometimes not,I meant became hole. Could you suggest me something pls?

Thanks

Dear Mr Kelly Gilgan

Thanks

Dear Mr Kelly Gilgan

Thanks

Dear Mr Kelly Gilgan

Thanks

Dear Mr Kelly Gilgan

Thanks

Dear Sir

I've downloaded the Manual and followed the procedure from page 28 but I didn't have the right parameters for GSender and I couldn't have done DNC communication successfully. So I asked GSender people and trying to get the right parameters. I will let you know when I've done this successfully but at least now I know how to change parameters in NC control because of your help, thank you.