Thread: Mori Seiki TV-30 MSC-802M (M50) control Interpolation problems.

Custom Billet Guest

Default Mori Seiki TV-30 MSC-802M (M50) control Interpolation problems.

Hey Guys,
    I just bought this machine and I have been having a few problems with it. Straight side cuts are perfect, but when you go into any angle or circular interpolations, it leaves a stair stepped or jagged finish.

I found a bad X axis ball screw. It had .004" backlash and it was very noisy. I had it rebuilt and I reinstalled it. I figured that had to be the problem.

The backlash is fixed but the problem remains. I tuned up the gain on both axis, and it helped, but only a little. It got to the point that the servo started to vibrate the machine. So I backed off the gain a little, but it is still not an acceptable finish.

On circles, the Y- side cutting CW, the steps start small and increase until it gets to the X- side and then decreases until the y+ of the circle. On angles, it looks like you galled a tool with no consistency, just rough.

Any ides? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks

Not to many TV30's in the US that I know of. What happens when you run the circular interp at a slower feed rate?? Also does the finish appear to be more present in the X or Y quadrants? Are there any divots or steps in the quadrants? Try circular interpolating a hole then remove tool and place indicator in spindle and sweep the bore. Let me know what kind of readings you have.

Also you may want to mount an indicator on the spindle face and try prying up on the spindle face to see if there is any deflection. Do the same on the side and try pulling on the tool. Also you may want to check drawbar clamp force. The tool could be pulling out of the spindle. Visually inspect the taper. Look closely to the outer rim of the taper.

Custom Billet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Petro
    Not to many TV30's in the US that I know of. What happens when you run the circular interp at a slower feed rate?? Also does the finish appear to be more present in the X or Y quadrants? Are there any divots or steps in the quadrants? Try circular interpolating a hole then remove tool and place indicator in spindle and sweep the bore. Let me know what kind of readings you have.

Also you may want to mount an indicator on the spindle face and try prying up on the spindle face to see if there is any deflection. Do the same on the side and try pulling on the tool. Also you may want to check drawbar clamp force. The tool could be pulling out of the spindle. Visually inspect the taper. Look closely to the outer rim of the taper.
    The slower the feed, the worse it gets. I was running some parts at 100 IPM @ 8000 RPM with a 1/2" endmill. Just a .005" finish pass, and it looked less noticeable, but still there. If I run 20 IPM, it is worse.

There is outset points on the X- and X+ edges. They were about .001" out per side. Just like backlash, but it comes back in to the correct place so the circle is concentric. Also, the points are not at 90 degrees. They are about 5 deg out of 90.

The circular interpolation is within .0005" of programmed all the way around except at the X points.

There is no deflection in the spindle at all. Everything checks out tight. Even the linear rails are in great shape. Nice and tight.

The angles are even worse. Could have chewed a better finish.

I was working on it this evening and got it a little better by tweaking parameter 2205, but when it gets up too high, it screams at me.

Thanks!

Thanks

The dips still may indicate something. Since that is a small machine sometimes the screws only have one radial bearing on one side of the screw. Does it have this? Or is the screw stretched? If it was stretched did you tighten the proper side first?

Thanks

I will check to see if I have some parts list for TV30