Thread: COMPILING FANUC LADDERS USING FANUC LADDER III

chad Guest

Default COMPILING FANUC LADDERS USING FANUC LADDER III

I AM TRYING TO COMPILE A RECENT LADDER MODIFICATION SO THAT I MAY SEND TO MY MEMORY CARD TO LOAD IN MACHINE. WHEN I TRY THIS I GET AN ERROR(I:S-1143:SYSTEM ERROR:can not spawn icomsg.exe) I AM UNSURE OF WHAT THIS MEANS. IT WILL STILL LET ME COMPILE THE PROGRAM BUT WHEN I INSTALL IT TO THE MACHINE MY POOO9 SUBPROGRAM IS ABSENT. I THEN BROUGHT THE CARD BACK TO THE PC AND IMPORTED IT BACK TO FANUC LADDER III AND FOUND IT TO BE ABSENT. IS MY P0009 PROGRAM PART OF THE CAUSE TO THIS PROBLEM? IS THERE SETTINGS I DO NOT HAVE RIGHT? I AM A NEW USER OF THIS SOFTWARE WITH EXPERIENCE IN ALLEN BRADLEY SLIC 500 AND MICROLOGIX CONTROLLER LADDER WRITING AND TROUBLE SHOOTING. I HAVE FOUND ALOT OF MY PROBLEM IS ADAPTING TO THE DIFFERENT SOFTWARES THAT I HAVE WORKED WITH: FANCU, ALLEN BRADLE, MITSUBISHI, SIEMENS ETC.

Thanks

If it's not showing up on when you re-open the file, you're either A: Not decompiling correctly B: Not compiling correctly C: Not saving correctly or D: Have a faulty soft back up and should take a new backup and start fresh.

Steps to import should be:(Unless you're running a new version in which case the software does the following steps automatically)
    File,
    New Program,
    Program name and PMC type.
    Once it loads go to:
    Tool,
    Decompile
    Make your changes

Then Tool,
    Compile
    Exec.

Once it compiles go back to file do save as and save it back to your memory card.
    Then load from the PMC screen with @FileName.lad

Also make sure you have a branch statement to branch to your added program to scan it.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

Here's a question to whom is confident with fapt ladder3.

In the program help file I found this worning.
    "If the same timer number is used more than once or if a timer number out of the valid range is used, operation is unpredictable."
    Which I confirm it's true because I called two timers with the same number and they where just flickering madly.
    I am concerned about the lack of any warning during the project compiling.
    Maybe there is a way to output a list of used functions. It would help to spot errors.

?

Cheers Alberto

Thanks

If know what bits you want to search to make sure you aren't using them incorrectly, you can click:
    Print
    Option
    Cross Reference

The cross reference will show you all of the locations each particular bit is used. You can then "cross reference" to make sure you have no mistakes.

If you select "ALL" it will output all bits and all locations.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

The only way to find duplicate timers is to do a manual search for timers in your ladder. On newer versions of fanuc ladder III there is an auto numbering option I believe.

As for Chad, does your program compile without errors ? If it does then you have to export an actual memory card format file to your pcmcia card not the .Lad file that fanuc ladder III makes.

You have to choose file export ... then select memory card format style ... then give it a file name without any extensions or . in the name and then save it to your hard drive and move it to your card or just save it directly to your pcmcia card.

Also don't forget to do an F-rom backup after your done or on power off you will lose them.

Thanks

Thanks, previewing the crossreference I found duplicate timers even in the original ladder written by the japaneese!
    One of these duplicates were about the door close delay, and what coincidence, sometimes I'm having troubles with the door interlock for no apparent reason.
    Now I am tempt to check the ladder of all the other cnc!

mitana Guest

Default Re: COMPILING FANUC LADDERS USING FANUC LADDER III

I had exactly same problem when compiling a new .lad file. I am using fapt ladder III and VISTA. Did you get a solution to this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I AM TRYING TO COMPILE A RECENT LADDER MODIFICATION SO THAT I MAY SEND TO MY MEMORY CARD TO LOAD IN MACHINE. WHEN I TRY THIS I GET AN ERROR(I:S-1143:SYSTEM ERROR:can not spawn icomsg.exe) I AM UNSURE OF WHAT THIS MEANS. IT WILL STILL LET ME COMPILE THE PROGRAM BUT WHEN I INSTALL IT TO THE MACHINE MY POOO9 SUBPROGRAM IS ABSENT. I THEN BROUGHT THE CARD BACK TO THE PC AND IMPORTED IT BACK TO FANUC LADDER III AND FOUND IT TO BE ABSENT. IS MY P0009 PROGRAM PART OF THE CAUSE TO THIS PROBLEM? IS THERE SETTINGS I DO NOT HAVE RIGHT? I AM A NEW USER OF THIS SOFTWARE WITH EXPERIENCE IN ALLEN BRADLEY SLIC 500 AND MICROLOGIX CONTROLLER LADDER WRITING AND TROUBLE SHOOTING. I HAVE FOUND ALOT OF MY PROBLEM IS ADAPTING TO THE DIFFERENT SOFTWARES THAT I HAVE WORKED WITH: FANCU, ALLEN BRADLE, MITSUBISHI, SIEMENS ETC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mitana View Post
    I had exactly same problem when compiling a new .lad file. I am using fapt ladder III and VISTA. Did you get a solution to this issue?
    What version of FLIII are you running?

To the best of my knowlege versions 4.5 and below are not compatible with Windows Vista.
    Last edited by codyst; 04-24-09 at 06:29 PM.
    Cody Stamper

Thanks

I've got two laptops-one running XP, one running Vista Home. Both have FLIII V4.5 loaded on them.

I pulled a program that I know has no errors, and compiled it on the XP laptop no problem. Vista bombs saying the same error.

Also the help files don't load on Vista with a "Failed to Launch Help" Fapt error, as well as a dialog box from Vista

"n't I get Help from this program?Why can't I get Help from this program?
    The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which was used in previous versions of Windows and it is not supported in Windows Vista.
    For more information, see Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) is no longer included with Windows on the Microsoft support website."
    Cody Stamper

Thanks

Update FANUN LADDER-III TO V5.7 or High if you use VISTA

Thanks

I have ver 4.20 of fapt ladder III and I need updated to ver 5.7 or later .Please inform way to do it . I m using w XP

thanks very much

Thanks

Cepe, you upgrade by calling Fanuc and ordering. As long as you have a valid registration the upgrade is discounted. Otherwise it will cost around $1300.00
    Cody Stamper

13. The Following User Says Thank You to codyst For This Useful Post: