Thread: toyoda FA550 fanuc 15M control

Thanks

Default toyoda FA550 fanuc 15M control

Wanting to add an external parts counter..has anybody ever integrated one into a fanuc control. I know there is an internal parts counter too. Can you just maybe take the M30 command and create a hard output for it?

Thanks!

Thanks

Default Re: toyoda FA550 fanuc 15M control

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    Wanting to add an external parts counter..has anybody ever integrated one into a fanuc control. I know there is an internal parts counter too. Can you just maybe take the M30 command and create a hard output for it?

Thanks!
    Hi Bill,
    If you take a look at the PLC ladder, you will see that M30 is most probably linked to the Reset Rung. Accordingly, you may also generate a count if the Reset button is pressed, but take a look at the ladder logic to confirm this.

If you have a device on the machine that's triggered my an M code, and is not used, you could exchange this device for the external counter and use its M code in the program for the count operation.

Alternatively, if you have any spare M codes, you could wire the counter into one of the I/O interface points, but a change to the PLC Ladder will be required.

You could also use the User Macro DPRNT function to send a single character to your PC. Simple software could be written create a virtual counter by having it poll the Serial Port when its launched.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks

thanks for the info!

I was thinking about maybe putting a Y output in parallel with whatever internal relay the Decode function for (M30) was. Do you think this would work?

I do have some more in depth programming questions as far as how to properly decode the M command..if you know anything about this

Thanks

'M' codes are a machine side code that change a diagnostic bit from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0. These trip a relay or etc to make the machine respond to that action. If you look at your schematics for the 15M you will find there are a number of spare relays you may hook an external counter to. The schematics will show you what the designated 'M' code for that relay is. Relays are considered hard codes. There are also a number of Soft 'M' codes that may be used in the programs such as sending you a count to a computer.

Thanks

Hi! thanks. Yes I did find a end of program buzzer relay that is hooked in the ladder to the M30 and M02.

I found out I cannot even pull the PMC ladder up on my Fladder software since this 15M-B's has a PMC N-B. And I guess my fanuc ladder program does not support this PMC type. So even if I wanted to change the ladder I could not. lol

Thanks

So even if I wanted to change the ladder I could not. lol
    Ladder programming is by no means my area of expertise but on the modelB PMC you may not have the ability to change the ladder in your software but you should be able to modify right at the control.

Steve
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Stevo:

You are correct..I was wondering why I could not pull the ladder up on Fladder III. This is weird since I believe the PMC-N is supported by FladderIII. Do you know why? I tried saving to an SRAM and compiling it but it said i need a different version of programming software..can I change right on the control?

Thanks

You can edit the ladder at the control but IIRC you need to change a relay bit. If you need it let me know I can try and dig it up. Your ladder may also be password protected which you will have to get. If you are referring to changing the version at the control then I would say I have no idea but my guess would be no.

As to the versions FladderIII I have no idea as this is not my area.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Stevo:

You are correct..I was wondering why I could not pull the ladder up on Fladder III. This is weird since I believe the PMC-N is supported by FladderIII. Do you know why? I tried saving to an SRAM and compiling it but it said i need a different version of programming software..can I change right on the control?
    You say you pulled the ladder out in an SRAM? There is no way to separate a ladder file from an SRAM file.

The 15M has capability to do onscreen edits. If you want to edit in what was once FAPT, FLadder, and now Fanuc Ladder (gotta love the name changes that are required when partnerships are terminated), you need to pull the file out in either Memory Card format, or as a ".lad" format.

From there is where the fun starts. The formatting that is required for the control to read what has been formatted and loaded, has to be decompiled for the editing software to open it.

On the later revisions of Fanuc Ladder, you can double click the file you saved, and the software automatically decompiles and opens. In older verisons you had to go, File, Import, and select the appropriate file type; typically Memory-Card File Format even if it was saved as a .lad.

Then regardless of which revision of Fanuc Ladder you're running, to load a changed file back into the control you ahve to go, File, Export, Memory-Card File format and give it a file name, which can be saved with a .lad extension. This can cause some confusion especially if you have an decompiled file that's editable in the same directory as your compiled version that goes in the machine.

In regards to the PMC type, (RA, RB, SB, NB, ect) all this really does is designate what "options" your PLC has. This determines number of rungs, Functions that are available within the logic, etc. Certain PMC types won't allow certain timers, or counters, etc to be used.

It is possible to change PMC type on a machine. We do it where I work pretty regularly. We rebuild/retrofit machines and usually the customer wants all the bells and whistles installed for interfacing/automation. This typically requires a hardware and software upgrade. It's pretty common for us to change the SRAM module, the DRAM module, the base system software, and the servo software just to get extra rungs of logic.

That aside, it's a pretty simple change in Fanuc Ladder. In the File header, there is a button (at least on the version I'm running) that says "PMC Type Changed and Save". You click that, tell it what you want the PMC type to be, give it a name, and it spits out all of your current logic in a new file in the new PMC type.

So there's my post for the year I'll be back around when they let me out of my dungeon again.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codyst View Post
    So there's my post for the year I'll be back around when they let me out of my dungeon again.
    Hey Cody…good to see you around again even if it’s just for 1 or 2 posts. I guess that you are just as busy as you were the last time we talked. I suppose it is better than the opposite although sometimes it’s nice if you can come up for air from time to time.

Steve

Thanks

Hey Steve,

Yeah we're staying really busy. Working on an inverted vertical lathe interfacing a vision system and in process gauging. It's a sister machine to one I've already done, but the first was a show machine and now that they're in production the logic is completely different. I've also got 36 machines sitting on my floor that are getting Allen Bradley 9 series controls ripped off and brand new Siemens 840Dsl controls put back on. We've got the first 16 complete and we're "cookie cutting" the remainder.

It's funny, when I first started doing this I saw all the Controls guys where I worked previously sitting in their offices writing logic all day and couldn't wait until I could be doing the same. Now that I'm the only Controls Engineer where I work there are days I wish I could go back to just turning wrenches.

Oh well, the grass is always greener right?

Sorry for the thread highjack bill4807. If you've got any other questions regarding Fanuc PMC's let me know.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

Need help on Toyoda FA 550 with fanuc 15m can anyone help ??