Thread: Tool problem on 810

Thanks

Default Tool problem on 810

We lost everything in an 810 recently and had to download our backup to the machine to get it up and running, after doing this, they can't call tool #1 on the machine. Every other tool works but #1, does anyone know where this parameter is located, this is for an old Russian built Deidesheim turning center and has a custom menu, we assume written by Deidesheim.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks

Default Re: Tool problem on 810

See if you can find the manuals for the 810 from Siemens website which is called doconweb.
    I think though that this will be something in the plc programme so you may need to look at that.If you have Step 5 you can compare what`s in the machine with what`s in your backup and check for errors or change the plc programme if you know how..
    Are you sure you uploaded everything correctly?
    If you write a programme which does not use tool number one,does it run ok?

Thanks

Gridley, everything works if they don't use that tool, the problem is the operators are so used to using that one that they forget not to and crash the turret/tool. As far as getting everything loaded back in correctly, I assume we didn't, we typically have trouble getting all the parameters and settings to load into those controllers correctly, even when it appears to work ok. I don't think it's a PLC programming issue though, we normally don't have issues with loading that using S5, this machine has a custom OEM menu that we believe is causing our problem, but we lost the operating manuals for that. And it's an old, Russian built machine so it's hard to find anything about it online. Thanks for the reply though.

Thanks

I didn`t mean something wrong with the way you load it,but,possibly an unrecorded mod was made to the plc programme after the backup had been done.
    If you look at the 810 manuals you will see that Siemens are open with all the info to write the plc programme and also to change canned cycles etc.
    So you can examine the programme and change it to what you need.
    Are the tools in a turret or is it tools with a toolchanger?
    Has Deideshiem gone? I always thought they were German,probably East German.

Thanks

This tool is in a turret, no tool changer, I'll try to do a compare of the PLC program to see if anything's different than what we had saved as a backup, we had thought it was more of an NC issue. I believe Deidesheim is a German company but I think this particular machine was made for a Russian company, our original electrical prints are in German and Russian.