Thread: Sinumerik 810T GA3

Thanks

Default Sinumerik 810T GA3

Hi everyone,
    I am new to forums and this website. I have recently purchased a cnc lathe. Its a Storebro 2 axis (x and z) 12 station sauter tool turret (6 live and 6 static) with a live C-axis. The problem is that machine was put into storage many years ago and the battery has run flat therefore erasing its memory.
    Luckily I was supplied with the all the books and backup disk. What i have done is manually loaded all the plc-md and nc-md data. Unfortunately this is my first feeble attempt at trying to fix a cnc and even though I have loaded all the information it still wont work. All that happens is the main screen comes on but I am unable to jog any of the Axis or change between menues eg. MDI, JOG, AUTO.
    I forgot to mention earlier that I i also tried to upload the TEA1, TEA2, PCA and PCP files but with no success hence why i reverted to inputting it manually. I have checked on the back of the controller and found the following... :

Sinumerik 810T GA3
    6FC3251 - 1AC - 2
    DC24V 145VA
    and also found this:

3GE 570.822.9607.34
    If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated because I am not sure what else to do.

Thanks

Clayton
    Last edited by crash; 02-12-13 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Sinumerik 810T GA3

I believe that you have to get your serial port to work. I don't think that the PLC statement listing can be hand loaded. Without that file in memory, your machine will do nothing. The message file also needs to be in there so you can see your errors. Put a breakout box on the serial port and try to send something out of the CNC to a laptop. If you don't get anything coming out, either your port is dead or the parameters aren't set correctly.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, I took your advice and it appears that the nc port is communicating with the pc, do you know what I need to set my baud and bit rate too? odd? even? 9600 or less? bit rate?

Also JUST tried...

using PCINOUT, its a very old version but it still works, when I choose to send a file, it waits on standby, and then when I press the DATA IN/OUT on the controller it sends the files and yet still nothing happens? do you know why this is?

Thanks again

Clayton

Thanks

You have to manually set some parameters before you can upload the files.I don`t have the info here but will post it tomorrow if nobody else steps in.
    How to do this has been posted on this forum before and quite recently too so a search might find it.

Thanks

Hello Gridley51,

I will look through the forums and see what I can find, is this a very common sort of a problem when trying to interface with a Sinumerik 810?

Thanks

Clayton

Thanks

Forgot all about this.

No it`s not a problem.Comms parameters have to be set manually then you need to load things in a certain order.Bit of messing about the first time you do it but obviously gets easier.
    PM if you need more.
    Does this site do PM`s?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gridley51 View Post
    Does this site do PM`s?
    Yes. Right up top of the page where your name is when you are signed in.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Clayton,I have already PM`d you this but will paste it here for others.
    It is for a GA1 but I think it`s the same but can check.
    These parameters have to be set manually prior to loading the other files.

Siemens 810 ga1 (Chiron FZ12S)

NTERFACE 1

Setting bit 5010 00000000
    5011 11000100
    5012 00000000
    5013 11000100
    5016 00101000

INTERFACE 2

Setting bit 5018 00000000
    5019 11000100
    5020 00000000
    5021 11000100
    5024 00101000

v24 ini

baud 1200
    parity even
    2 stop bits
    7 data bits

To slow baud rate change 5011 5013 bits 0,1,2,3
    To change to plg-prog change 5010,5012,5018,5020 to 00000100
    5011,5013,5020,5022 to 00000111

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gridley51 For This Useful Post:

crash (02-20-13)

Thanks

Ok,

So it looks like I have managed to upload the TEA1 and TEA2 files to my CNC and now I am able to jog through the differrent screen etc. The machine still wont start.
    Strangely enough the PCA and PCP files wont upload to the controller, does anyone have any suggestions about why this is happening?

Thanks

Clayton

Thanks

PCP file is your PLC program, that is why the machine won't start yet, PCA file is only the alarms text file. What happens when you try to upload PCP, do you see an error message at the screen at all?

If I remember this correctly, perhaps what is happening is that after you upload TEA1 and 2, you have to check AGAIN the communication parameters as you did at the beginning of the process. You don't need to re-enter the TEA1 and 2, just check the comm parameters.

Thanks

Hi,

It comes up with Alarm 27,

which is: "Data input disabled RS232C" (V.24)

I know its not much to go by but it doesn't offer much help in the help in manual either. I thought that might be the case and I have tried to change all the settings back to what they were originally but with no success.
    I will try again.

Thanks

Thanks

What I actually meant is that you check again the comm parameters right after you upload TEA1 and 2, not that you return to the original settings, we know those were not correct.

Use those provided by Gridley51 that have worked well for you.

...I just noticed something we might have skipped, at the beginning of everything did you perform the clear/format memory process or you just jumped all the way up to the file transfer steps?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

crash (02-20-13)

Thanks

Hi,

Finally have my cnc up and running, thankyou so much for all your help!!! You guys have been great. Upon taking a closer look, it seems that 5016 wasn't set prooperly and so it wasn't transmitting correctly but Gridley sent me some info on how to fix that and then it was a breeze, and yes I dont think that I done the formatting correctly to begin with.

I do have one more question...my cnc has two basic languages, Primary language is Swedish and the second is German but I would like to find out whether there is a way convert the language to English. Do you suggestions or ideas?

Thanks again

Clayton

Thanks

NC Data number 250 set to 1 or 0

Thanks

attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MD250.jpg  

Thanks

Hi,

I have tried to switch the md 250 from 0 to 1, but seeming that my two languages are swedish as primary and german as secondary, there is no english option, what I was meaning, is there any way to change the eprom chip? have the entire controller sent away to have it changed. Has anyone tried this before? or have any ideas or solutions because its very frustrating working on a machine in a foreign language

Thanks

Thanks

https://www.automation.siemens.com/W...rnet=False#top

Hello ....
    I can think of nothing else did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Hi,

I do have one more question...my cnc has two basic languages, Primary language is Swedish and the second is German but I would like to find out whether there is a way convert the language to English. Do you suggestions or ideas?

Thanks again

Clayton
    You need to change the eprom.The control as you know comes with two languages.The standard first is English,other languages are option.The second language is always German.
    ISTR it`s one of the eproms on the cpu card.

Thanks

To load the PCP file (The PLC program in ascii text format) and the PCA file (User alarm text - which is not actually necessary to get the machine running), the controller needs to be in initial clear mode. Press the eyeball key and enter the password which is usually 1111. Then press the eyeball key again and select initial clear mode.
    The NC will reboot into service mode and you can then input the files using the data in/out function in the normal way.
    It is also possible to load the TE1 and TE2 or NC machine data and PLC machine data in from here also. I have found that when the data will not load in from the normal data in/out screen, that entering initial clear mode will cure that problem.
    The PCP is most useful to have backed up, as I recently came across a corrupt ram which held the PLC program on a 810, S5 programming software would not play ball, but I did manage to reload the file with the PCP version. This automatically corrected the problem. The eprom then kicked back in again and all was good!

Thanks

Hello again!,

It has been a while. Once again I am stuck with my machine and need help. I have successfully reloaded the files onto this machine with the help of everyone on this forum..now it seems it won't retain the files in it's memory. It comes up with an alarm "ord 2 PLC STOPP", can anyone please help me. What am I to do? I can include pictures or any extra information that you require.