Thread: My Supervisor Says I Work Too Fast

Thanks

Default My Supervisor Says I Work Too Fast

Just wanted to throw this story out here and see what you all thought. I'm relatively new to operating CNC but have been with my company for about 5 months now. I usually get to work at 5:30pm so I can have new inserts in and start running parts before I clock in at 6. We work 11 hour shifts and at 33 parts per hour for my production, I have to make 363 in a shift. All this last week I have not only been hitting production, but hitting it early. On Friday my boss comes up to me and tells me to slow my work down because when I'm done early the other operators think its ok to quit and they aren't meeting production. My boss is Hispanic and speaks a little English but I'm thinking he just doesn't like me. I don't feel I should have to make extra parts just because I meet production earlier than expected. I always thought it was a good thing to work fast? And I also have had any bad or scrap parts. Let me know what you all think is going on.

Thanks

Default Re: My Supervisor Says I Work Too Fast

This usually happens in a union shop, most companies will reward you for working faster then anyone else and with good quality. Otherwise there could be some people that have been there forever and you make them look bad. So if thats the case get a new employer, slow down, take more coffee breaks or buy someone else some coffee once and awhile. Been in many shops and seen many different clicks. Good luck

Thanks

There is definitely something going on but I'm not sure the higher ups know what's going on. The more parts I make the faster the customer order gets filled. Most of the guys where I work are illegal immigrants so I don't think there is a union. I'm just going to keep hitting production early and if he wants me to stop or slow down, give it to me in writing so that it's not just my word against his.

Thanks

You are not only making his buddies look bad but you are making him look bad for not making them get the good production you get I would keep doing the job the right way if not for the company then for your self and I would keep a log for my self just in case you need it if something comes up later someone higher up will notice your hard work and you will be in a good spot. If not you can still feel good about the job you do.

Thanks

Whats the problem in that.. that mean you want to grow up yourself soon