Thread: Beaver NC25 need electrical drawings

Thanks

Smile Beaver NC25 need electrical drawings

Hi Every one.
    Can anyone help.
    I am trying to source the electrical drawings for a old Beaver NC25 CNC mill?
    The machine is a bit of a od ball and has a 401 alarm which could be for many reasons.
    The equipment used in the original OEM build is as follows.
    Fanuc 6M CNC control
    Contravis servos NC 500 models MC520
    Cntravis Spindle Drive Model Varidyn Compact
    There is also a separate PLC controller, thought I would mention that as sometimes the PLC is integral to the 6M CNC control.

Thanks

Default Re: Beaver NC25 need electrical drawings

Hello and welcome to the forum,

What is the brand of your servodrives? Usually the 6M's 401 alarm is triggered because of a fault in any of them, is this your case?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6M-401.pdf  

Thanks

thanks for your reply.
    Brand is Contravis.
    I have all fanuc manuals including alarm listing and interface descriptions.
    I have already talked to a fellow engineer who advised me that not just the servo and spindle drives a wired into drive ready circuit. So best if I can get these drawings so I can meter through the circuit.
    Have so far managed to get some limited info on the drives but as this machine is now very old and has a very complicated wiring looms life is going to get harder without the electrical drawings.

Thanks

I wouldn't necessarily agree on that advice (of course I could be wrong, I'm just trying to help here).

Wherever I've seen it, 6M's diagnostic signal number 0.6 (DGN 0.6) is the SERVO READY signal a.k.a SA, the lack of it triggers alarm 401 at screen. Once that happens, you just have to look at the servodrives' error leds for specific alarm cause within the drives, TGLS, OVC, BRK, HVAL, LVAL, HCAL or DCAL and troubleshoot that accordingly.

But I also must tell you that I've never seen a Fanuc 6M system configuration where other than Fanuc servodrives are used, and that could mean a lot. Do your Contravis servodrives have a way to indicate related errors like the above mentioned?

And of course, as you mentioned earlier, you are trying to get the wiring diagram for this machine, hopefully somebody would reply here with a positive answer regarding that. What I can do is to send you another machine's wiring diagram, one that also uses the 6M, perhaps looking at it you could run faster on this issue, please let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 sheets 6M DGN0.6.pdf  
    Last edited by Sinumeriko; 08-13-12 at 08:46 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

jon18buc (08-15-12)

Thanks

Thank for your reply.
    I understand and totally agree with what you are saying. This machine is not mine but belongs to a customer. The exercise is to get as much information as possible before returning to the machine for fault finding.
    There would seem to be no LED indicators on the drives. The interface terminals are in a dammed awkward position. Also Contravis have not labelled there terminals apart from a terminal number. The Spindle drive also Contravis Has the same problems. But that does have LED indicators although these only have LED numbers (What A pain) But I have now got information on terminals for spindle and servos also for LED s on Spindle drive this should provide helpful.
    A bit of additional information I have come across a few machine that use Fanuc controls with od ball drives and spindle drives. Even Bridgeport use Hidenhein controls with Fanuc drives it would seem the combinations can be endless (in the early years).
    Even with the new integration techniques with CNC to servo drives the other day I worked on a 7 year old Bridgeport with Fanuc control (i series) but it had Yaskawa drives (Really unusual).
    Many thanks for your help and the Chat

Jon

Thanks

If you need them, I've got a set of manuals for the Contraves servo and spindle drives. The PRDY-VRDY signals went out on pins 7 and 12 of the 20 pin Honda connectors. You can jumper these out to get rid of the 401 alarm. The usual warnings about blocking up heads, preventing motor runaways apply here. The Contraves spindle drive had more diagnostic indicators than the servos. They are pretty dumb unless you have a serious fault. You might check phasing and the field supply on the spindle. They will keep it in a not ready.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyGreg For This Useful Post:

jon18buc (08-23-12)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. It would be Very usfull to have the manuals for the Contravis servos and spindle drive thanks. I only have the terminal names not the type of I/O interface.

Thanks

Just got a email from ex beaver engineer would seem Beaver never supplied proper electrical drawings for machines fitted with contravis servo drives. Only avilable drawings are for same machine fitted with Siemens drives and Contravis Spindle drive. Could I please have a copy of manuals for contravis drives and spindle drive? or borrow to copy?

Thanks

How does one exchange data or is it ok to give a email adress in the posts?

Thanks

Send the other user a private message here in the forum with your request, you may include your email address there, if needed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

jon18buc (08-24-12)

Thanks

Have you tried Mark Mallinder at Servotek.He`s ex head of service at Beaver and has most things electrical for them.
    http://www.servotek.co.uk/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gridley51 For This Useful Post:

jon18buc (09-01-12)

Thanks

Hi.
    Yes already been in touch with Mark. He is the process of providing the nearest equivalent electrical drawings but they are for Siemens drives. But should be a big help for future reference.
    Many thanks for your reply.