Thread: Mid Day Machining

I live in beautiful San Clemente, California
    Thanks

Default Mid Day Machining

My name is Steve Seebold. My company is Mid Day Machining. I call it Mid Day Machining because I seldom start work before 11:00 AM and I try to be finished by 5:00 PM.

I am 67 years young. I am a former CNC shop owner, and now I have a Tormach PCNC1100 and 2 Dyna-Mite 2400's in my garage that I use to make parts for remote control race cars and boats. And I use GibbsCam for programming.

I owned a real CNC machine shop from about 1981 till 2008 when a major health issue forced the sale and closure of the shop. I was a one man shop, and I was actually making a decent living. The last machines I had were a FADAL 3016, and a Haas TM1 with a 5C 4th axis. When I bought the Haas with the 4th axis, I was not sure I needed it (the 4th axis) but it turned out to be a good investment. There were a couple of time when if I hadn't had the 4th axis, I wouldn't have had anything to do.

I don't have a 4th on my Tormach, but that's about to change, real quick.

I live in San Clemente, CA where I have lived since April, 2011. My wife (the love of my life) tried to get me to move to San Clemente for the first 20 years we were married, but I was already driving 20 plus miles to work, and San Clemente would have added another 30 miles a day, and with gas already at $4.00 plus per gallon, I didn't want to contribute any more to the oil companies wealth than I needed to.

I have been racing remote control gasoline powered boats since about 2002, and I have recently gotten in to 1/5 scale gasoline powered on and off road cars and trucks. It's not the same as driving full sized cars or boats, but at my age it satisfies my need for speed and when they crash, there's no blood.

If I can be of assistance to anyone, whether it be technical support or whatever, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Default Re: Mid Day Machining

Hello Steve,

It is good to have people like you as members of this forum, with all the experience you have, I'm sure you will contribute a lot to help others who come here, often looking for answers.

I fly a couple of very small RC helicopters for fun, but mine are battery operated, when they crash there's no blood involved, however, there's some bleeding from my wallet, those things are very expensive to maintain!

Welcome to the forum, we are glad you could join us.

I live in beautiful San Clemente, California
    Thanks

Default Re: Mid Day Machining

Quote Originally Posted by Sinumeriko View Post
    Hello Steve,

I fly a couple of very small RC helicopters for fun, but mine are battery operated, when they crash there's no blood involved, however, there's some bleeding from my wallet, those things are very expensive to maintain!

Welcome to the forum, we are glad you could join us.
    Thanks for the good words.

That's exactly why I have chosen boats. If they crash, you bring them in, pump the water out of the engine, start it up and you're back in business. Usually, there are no broken parts.

Steve