Thread: Vytek FX2 Laser

Thanks

Default Vytek FX2 Laser

I have a Vytek FX2 Laser engraver that my company purchased 2nd-hand about a year ago. I was not aware that it was SO proprietary, otherwise we would not have considered this a viable option for an equipement purchase.

I am looking for anyone who can help with troubleshooting this machine. It appears that the driver for the stepper motor is malfunctioning, but because it is not a standard driver, I am unable to source a replacement outside of Vytek. This machine does not throw any codes to help diagnose the problem.

Currently my only option is to purchase a yearly "subscription" from Vytek for the ability to speak to a technician over the phone (additional $75 per hour), and the ability to purchase replacement parts. On-site service is also additional and requires me to pay travel time and lodging in addition to the tech service fees.

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks

Default Re: Vytek FX2 Laser

Not familiar with this machine. However you can try posting the problems related the the machine and maybe someone can provide you with some ideas as well. Machine is a machine for the most part, but they do have specific issues with controls. I am guessing since its so proprietary that you will have issues finding anyone that really knows much about this machine

What control does this machine have?
    What is the problem?

Thanks

Did you ever resolve your problems? I too just acquired a used vytek and finding out the cost from Vytek just to hook up the machine. I am having problem communicating from the computer to the machine? May I ask the year of your machine? My is 2003 FX3624, the Motion Control Suite I have is 3.9, but my manual said that I need 3.8 Anyt help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Yungster - My machine is a 2004 model.
    Vytek offered full Customer Service support as second owner if I spent $3,750. I did not go that way. The only other option available is a yearly "subscription" of $225 for the ability to get telephone support at additional $75 per hour. They will not help you if you are not paid up.
    I have been trying to source replacement parts on my own for this machine, but it is very time consuming. I wish I had more information for you. Best of luck. My advice ... don't buy a Vytek.