Thread: help getting to history page

mike_sr32 Guest

Default help getting to history page

I need to know how to get to the history page showing what buttons have been pushed. With having to learn maintenance at my new job it gets annoying when a machine crashes because it was put into metric. i think the machines have a fanuc 16 or 18t controller, and holding people accountable for their mistakes is a priority.

Thanks

I don't believe there is a page that provides history of buttons pushed or screens displayed. To the best of my knowledge there is only an alarm history.

Thanks

Set paramater 3104 bit 6 to a value of 1.

Press the System Key.
    Right Arrow until you see OPHIS
    Press the OPHIS Key
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

I apologize, that is supposed to be 3106 bit 4
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

philserveng Guest

It seems to me that a 'witch hunt' is not the best way to improve performance, proper explanation and training is a much better solution. In any case, my experience with key press and history pages are that they can be misleading and inconclusive, better to use the edit lock key switch to prevent such "accidents".

Thanks

In contrast they can be very helpful if you know how to use the information they provide you. I can't tell you how many times I've had "the machine just did it" as an explanation to a problem, and found that someone stroked the keys the wrong way.
    Cody Stamper

philserveng Guest

Yes, but you are, like me, very experienced in these matters. I have been an electronic CNC service engineer for many years and only rarely is this information of use. My advise to the "new" questioner was on the basis that he might well come to the wrong conclusion and falsely accuse a guy doing his best to earn a living.

Thanks

I agree that for a person unaccustomed to the layout it could be easy to come to the wrong conclusion. I was just trying to point out that it can be of some use at times. The history page is most useful for looking at CNC program changes that cause problems, although it can still take time to track down the changed line(unless you're like me and make use of the parenthesis to track your changes). Parameters won't show up in the op his 90% of the time because 1. If the operator is intentionally changing a parameter to cause downtime they won't key in the parameter # and press the NO.SRH key, and 2. If you scroll to a parameter and just press and hold the down arrow or the page down key it counts as only one keystroke.
    Cody Stamper

philserveng Guest

point taken.