Thread: MCV-410 Alarm: Z Axis Interlock On

Thanks

Default MCV-410 Alarm: Z Axis Interlock On

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle with an order that need to be done by Monday and I am having an issue with my machine.

I have the alarm stated in the title. The X & Y axis are able to move in manual mode but the Z axis will not. It is not hitting the limit switch, which I thought in the beginning. I was able to move the Z by pressing in the emergency stop and then releasing the button for some reason and have moved it well out of the limit switch or any software limits. But after, when I press the Ready button the alarm appears again and I am no longer able to move the Z. I have tried pressing both Emergency Release & Ready buttons but it will still not move when in a Ready state.

Before this happen I had some screen errors that was giving me garbage on screen like playing a VCR tape that is dirty and at times nothing is visible on screen. This somehow fix itself after been warmed up a little and after I checked all the relays tapping them and finding one stuck on the On position (the power on relay on the master pcb). I thought I mention what I did previously to perhaps link problems on the above. Does anyone have a slight idea on the problem

Controller is a fanuc 6m
    Last edited by Ryu; 12-17-11 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: MCV-410 Alarm: Z Axis Interlock On

Does you machine actually have a toggle switch at the operator's panel to able/disable the Z axis movement? Some machines using the 6M have it, that's why I ask.

Also, does your machine have an ATC? It could be that the tool changer arm is not fully retracted to its home position or if it uses tool pots, make sure the ready-tool pot is well parked at its ready position.

You might want to see this issue as trying to think what exactly could be on the way of the Z axis as to avoid the needed permit. Double check the overtravel switch for Z, it doesn't matter if its not being pressed, it might be stuck internally, if so, a bit of WD40 at the lever will fix it if you hand-push it several times.

Thanks

Default Re: MCV-410 Alarm: Z Axis Interlock On

Quote Originally Posted by Sinumeriko View Post
    Does you machine actually have a toggle switch at the operator's panel to able/disable the Z axis movement? Some machines using the 6M have it, that's why I ask.

Also, does your machine have an ATC? It could be that the tool changer arm is not fully retracted to its home position or if it uses tool pots, make sure the ready-tool pot is well parked at its ready position.

You might want to see this issue as trying to think what exactly could be on the way of the Z axis as to avoid the needed permit. Double check the overtravel switch for Z, it doesn't matter if its not being pressed, it might be stuck internally, if so, a bit of WD40 at the lever will fix it if you hand-push it several times.
    Thanks for the reply. It was the ATC not going up all the way. I removed the cover there is a limit switch for the ATC arm to home position the arm along the Z which as not properly engaged. I went to talk to a friend who has same problems from time to time on the bigger version then MCV-410, I think it is 500 series he said its a usual problem on these machines and happens all the time on him. Thank you for the help.