Thread: yasnac i80 thermal issue

Thanks

Default yasnac i80 thermal issue

Does n e one know how to locate a thermal screen. The control works fine till u power up the servos n hydrolics. Then it ether freezes or works very slow. Also there arent any alarms. It just says thermal ng in the diagnostics. How do I find the problem? Thanks for any answers.

Thanks

Default Re: yasnac i80 thermal issue

Ok so deal is control works fine until the servos r powered up. No alarms. Just says thermal is no good in diagnostic screen. Any ideas? Besides buy a Mazak? Haha

Thanks

If the control is freezing I am guessing maybe you have a short pulling down the power once it ready's up or something along them lines. If it was just an alarm issue your control would not lock up. It however might be something to do with that circuit that is drawing down some power or something. I am not sure where the thermal circuit would be.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply! And yes that's what we concluded also. Just wish it had an alarm so we could pin point the problem. It's one of those freak flukes I guess? Guess we will call someone now unless someone ran into this before or is more savy! Thanks , Jason

Thanks

One thing you might want to try because I have seem some odd issues with this is to disconnect all coolant pumps. Sometimes the 3 phase causes a short and does some wierd things. Then see if it ready's up. Also check the 24vdc circuits with a meter and 100v circuits to see if they drop in voltage when you ready it up. If you find the circuit that has the issue you can begin by eliminating things.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. After doing more digging I found that from the bad breaker surging it threw the oil cooler breaker. Just had to pull the panel and reset it. Machine works great again. Thanks for all the help. I posted the repair so if someone else has the same issue they can fix it without losing the machine for a week. Lol.

Thanks

Glad to see that you got it fixed. Sorry no one helped in this thread but I noticed that Petro was helping in another thread you started highlighting the same problem.

Thanks for coming back and posting your solution.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)