Thread: 5-axis Fanuc 16W

Thanks

Default 5-axis Fanuc 16W

Hello,

Does anybody know how to enable the parameter write in a Fanuc Robocut Alpha OC WEDM, using a Fanuc 16W controller?

I need to play a bit with the APC parameter for X & Y ( ).

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sinumeriko; 11-29-11 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: 5-axis Fanuc 16W

I forgot to mention, it's not the usual way of PWE = 1 in the SETTINGS page.

Thanks

So is there an actual PWE in settings screen? I do not know of any other way other than that. If you try to change a parameter do you get the normal “write protect” message?

I am very curious to see what you need to set to enable the parameter change.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

There is a parameter that corresponds to this from what I remember.
    Here is what I have in my notes though can not seem to find the parameter in any of the fanuc manuals that I have. I do notice that 8901 is a maintenance parameter though. So I would try and verify this from someone else or call fanuc to verify this parameter and info that I wrote down. Its just chicken scratch I noted once and sort of does not make complete sense whether this enables the screen to display or enables the PWE.

"Fanucs 16/18/21 under settings. If screen not displayed 8900.1 is PWE for I series controls."

Please let us know what you find out I'd be curious as well.

Thanks

Thanks Stevo and Petro,

Long story...longer. The owner wanted to move this machine to a new location, so I was hired to disconnect/connect it. The whole system consists of 4 modules; they are the machine's main body, electric cabinet, water tank and filtering unit. So I had to disconnect a lot of stuff including all wiring and hoses between modules. I warned the owner this process would require an extra job of setting the axes' position after connection, because of the absolute position coders, this machine uses dogless reference positions. He said ok. I then clamped all axes with the dedicated devices as supposed.

So after connecting everything I powered up and had a couple of APC alarms as expected, as well as soft overtravel alarms on all axes if attempted to move any in the + direction, that's when I asked for advice, since I couldn't find a way to open the soft limits, I also tried the CAN + P combination at startup without luck. Couldn't find the PWE screen anywhere, no parameter 1815 for APC or 8900 for PWE at this controller, they only go from 0000 ~ 0919. This controller is not similar with the usual Fanuc 16.

I started reading the books and found a way to solve this, there is a user-friendly screen under the hidden settings that works like the usual 1815 parameter, so after a few attempts I was able to set the true axes' positions, all alarms went away. The operator was able to perform his usual wire alignment process and then he cut a 1"-wide piece of steel as if he was cutting butter with a knife. I took some pictures to better illustrate this, will upload them in 3 parts, hope all this helps somebody else in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.jpg   b.jpg   c.jpg   d.jpg   e.jpg   f.jpg   g.jpg   g1.jpg   i.jpg   j.jpg  

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

MMMMM (12-01-11), Petro (12-02-11)

Thanks

...more pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails j.jpg   k.jpg   l.jpg   m.jpg   n.jpg   o.jpg   p.jpg   q.jpg   r.jpg   v.jpg  

Thanks

...final pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails v1.jpg   w.jpg   x.jpg   y.jpg   z.jpg  

Thanks

Sinumeriko,
    Thanks for the info and the pics. Well done.....I am glad that you got it up and running.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Thanks Sinumeriko, Interesting never seen one set up like this. It looks like a fanuc screen as well from what I can see in the picture. Does this look like a builder screen where it was located in the Fanuc menus or do you think it is just another way Fanuc set this up?

Thanks

Petro,

This is just a different kind of setup by Fanuc, the whole machine was built by them.

Thanks

input 9990 and press Page up key then you can see everything what you want.

Thanks

All Fanuc Wire EDMs comes standard with the capability to remotelymonitor the machine from any PC hooked to the company network.