Thread: Tool changer help...

Thanks

Post Tool changer help...

Hello everyone,

My husband and I just purchased a used Haas TM1 machine. We are trying to figure out how to keep the tool changer open to clean out the metal chips. Does anyone know the code to punch in to do that? We can not find anything in the manual.

Thanks for your help!

Amy

Thanks

Default Re: Tool changer help...

Amy,
    I am not real up on the workings of the Haas machines but I would have to assume that there is a maintenance code to do this. See if you have the MTB manual and try to reference it there. Harvey may also jump in here and he will probably know which code it will take.

If you find a standard M-code to open the door I would try it and leave it sit for about the same time it would take to clean the toolchanger. The reason for this is because of safety. Opening the door may be written into the ladder with a timer. And if the door times out and the machine alarms out it may throw it into Estop mode and close the door on you.

Welcome to the group. FYI.....you only need to post your question or start a thread 1 time. If you post it all over you may be getting cross help and people may be repeating what was already posted somewhere else. It just helps keep the forum cleaner. I figured this was the best section to post so I deleted your other thread in the "Programming" section of the forum.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevo For This Useful Post:

aesolinger31 (11-23-11)

Thanks

Stevo,

Thank you for your help. We have not found any M codes in the manual to keep the door open. I have even sent a message to the company with no response. Sorry about llisting the question more than once I was just trying to reach any and all audiences I could. I know the machine will run without it being cleaned out but you wouldn't think that it would be that hard to have it stay open. Thanks again for your help!

Amy

Thanks

No worries Amy.

It can be an easy thing or a difficult thing but there is one thing in common......the MTB. If they want to make it difficult they will.

As I stated I am not up on the Haas lingo but I would suspect that there should be an M-code. I have many machines that do not have one and others that do.

Did Harvey every respond in the other thread? I left that other post because I figured he may chime in. He is going to probably be your best resource if you do not have the MTB manual.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Smile Re: Tool changer help...

Stevo,

No Harvey did not respond to me yet in the other thread. I hope he does. It would be nice to know either way if there is one or not.

Thanks again,

Amy

Thanks

Amy,
    FYI......I sent Harvey a PM with a link to this thread asking if he can lend a hand.

Stevo

Guren Guest

if i understand u correctly u want to open the door, without pressing any buttons, any time u want. this might give some ideas.

I had same issue with my machine. Pressing the button to open the door was driving me nuts. So this is what I did:

At the top of the right corner of the door there is a 90 degree shaped metal bar (it can be any shape.). & it is fixated to the door itself. & is moving with the door. (Obviously)..

At the top of the machine (Right top corner of the door, where the door shuts) there is a small Red box. As you close the door, the metal bar moves inside that red box & is being fixated there when you press close the door button.

So what I did was I removed that metal bar from the door & plugged it in to the red box & pressed door close button.

Vuala, machine thinks now that the door is always closed.

NB! Please do not open the door while any of the parts are moving inside, this can be very dangerous. I have lost the count how many times "Flying" parts have broken the window glass.!!! So be very very careful!!!!!
    Last edited by Guren; 12-09-11 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks

I saw something on YouTube on this subject.