Thread: Y excess (stop) alarm on Toyoda w/Fanuc control

ExodusMold Guest

Default Y excess (stop) alarm on Toyoda w/Fanuc control

What a great site, wish I had found it years ago!

I recently purchased a Toyada HMC. I had it pretty much up and running, but found a relay that was disconnected. I pushed the relay back in and received a "Y excess (stop)" alarm. The head started moving in the Y+ direction before the alarm. I pulled the relay back out and the alarm went away, until I tried to move the Y axis, at which time I got a "Y excess (move) alarm. Tried swapping the X and Y drives, but I still get the alarm in Y. Any clues out there?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

i have 2 matsuuras...so not sure if this will help.

we had an issue of the x axis stopping and becomming frozen. the switches were sticking due to a buildup of grease, oil and dust. Im not sure what the exact name for the switches are but on my machine there are a set of 4. one is for overtravel, one is for home position, one is for as the axis rapids towards the home positoin (in order to slow) Hopefully this description helps.

the fix was for us to remove and clean the switch.

hope this helps you out.

ExodusMold Guest

I appreciate the response.

I don't think that is the case, as the axis begins to move, and nothing is on an overtravel switch. I'm thinking something hydraulic, maybe with the counter balance, I'm going to try putting guages on the conterbalance ports to see if that might be the problem.

Thanks again for the response

ExodusMold Guest

It was in fact a hydraulic problem. There was an isolation valve that was stuck.

Thanks

Default Re: Y excess (stop) alarm on Toyoda w/Fanuc control

Most of the time an excess error will be from some thing resisting the axis movement, counter balance, lack way lube, build up of chips. I did have one case where it was a bad encoder.