Thread: Does anyone tell me the main parts of CNC Milling Machine?

Thanks

Default Does anyone tell me the main parts of CNC Milling Machine?

Hello

thank you for entering in my post

I'm wrting an essay about machine tools industry and their products

May you explain me please the main part of CNC Milling Machine?
    Like spindle, table, machine guards, cotrol pannel, tool magazine ect..
    and may you suggest me some manufaturies made by a CNC Machine that we use everyday, a part of cars, motobikes...

any additional information will be very appreciated

thank you in advance for your help

Thanks

Default Re: Does anyone tell me the main parts of CNC Milling Machine?

a) Hydraulic system: Hydraulic pump, valves, counter-balance cylinders, clamps, tool magazine.

b) Electric/electronic system: 3 phase motors, like coolant pump, lube oil pump, chip conveyor, hydraulic pump, servodrives, servomotors, spindle motor, screen monitor, push and selector buttons. All kind of switches like limit, proximity, pressure, foot, level, thermal. Transformers, power supplies, fans. Printed circuit boards like mother (master) board, memory, interface, input/output boards, graphic.

c) Mechanical system: Table, guides, spindle, bearings, gibs, lube oil tubing, frame, ball screws, tool magazine, spindle gear transmission.

d) None of the above would work without the machine software and the part program.

Because of they nature, some components may appear on several systems, the hydraulic pump for instance, it is an electric device because it has a motor attached all the time, it is listed in the electrical diagram too. It is a hydraulic component because it generates power from hydraulic oil, it is listed in the hydraulic system drawing, and so on.

Regarding parts made from CNC machines, these are some of what I've seen:

Manual transmission gears, forks, bars, housings, engine flywheels, wheel rims, automatic transmission turbine housing, plane landing gear components, engine manifolds, steel couplings for construction, car drive shafts and their homocinetic joints, rear differential components for cars and trucks. CNC robots that fold and weld steel sheet to form shock absorbers, suspension systems and exhaust systems' parts. EDM and WEDM that make molds for just about everything like computer keyboard, monitor, mouse, cell phones, speakers. There are CNC machines that cut and fold metal sheet used in just about any house appliance you can think of like refrigerators, microwave oven, laundry machines. There are also CNC routers that can cut house wood doors, furniture parts, wood molds (to later fabricate platsic molds). CNC injection machines that fabricate plastic bottles for soap, shampoo, toothpaste, fabric softener, water bottles, etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

hoezap (11-06-11)

Thanks

Thank you so much for your help

Thanks

thank you so much

Thanks

thank you so much!

Thanks

I was doing a similar project and I found that when I used an AE-MDL-STPR811 board I got the best results. It provided more torque and still gave me the option of using external Schottky diodes. I also could have added a surface mount heat sink and a fan, but it wasn’t needed for my project. The board can be connected to all controls signals by two .100” header connectors and jumpers, if you want to hard code it, which is what I did. I found some really cheap ones at DriverDudes.com, you can get just the board or have it fully assembled.