Thread: Couple of questions

Thanks

Default Couple of questions

I`m not quite new here but have two questions.

Why is it when I send a PM it seems to go ok but does not show up in my Sent Box?
    and
    Why is it when I ask admin a question I don`t get a reply?

Mark.

Thanks

Default Re: Couple of questions

Hello Mark,

As for your sent items what you need to do is click on your name and then select “Edit User Profile”. Go to the section that says “Browsing Options”. Under this there should be a selection or option that says “Save a copy of a sent message in my sent items folder”. Select “Yes”. Yours is set to “No”. I did not change it for you so you can see where these settings are. As I described above may not look exactly as stated. I was viewing it under the moderator control panel and it may not be the same view as you have.

As for the Admin not responding I cannot answer that. Admin will have to step in and answer that. I will however say that the Admin and I get many requests/questions via PM and it is very hard to keep up and filter out some of these messages. That is why I highly recommend to most people that message me to start a thread with their problem so others can help as well.

Hope this helps,
    Steve
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Mark,
    My bad. Once you click on your name look to the left under “Your Control Panel” and scroll down to “Edit Options” and then look for “Private Messaging” and the very last setting under that is the setting you need.
    Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Thanks Steve. Finally found it under settings and options.I had been looking under Private messages.

Thanks

Mark,
    You are welcome.

Steve

Thanks

YES!I agree this ;"As for your sent items what you need to do is click on your name and then select “Edit User Profile”. Go to the section that says “Browsing Options”. Under this there should be a selection or option that says “Save a copy of a sent message in my sent items folder”. Select “Yes”. Yours is set to “No”. I did not change it for you so you can see where these settings are. As I described above may not look exactly as stated. I was viewing it under the moderator control panel and it may not be the same view as you have.
    As for the Admin not responding I cannot answer that. Admin will have to step in and answer that. I will however say that the Admin and I get many requests/questions via PM and it is very hard to keep up and filter out some of these messages. That is why I highly recommend to most people that message me to start a thread with their problem so others can help as well."
    welcome!

Thanks

Hi Mark,
    Sorry you were having issues and we were not able to respond as quickly as we would like. I receive and attempt to go through all the admin emails when I can. I looked through all the notifications and can not find a message from your user name. I get so many emails every day from both spammers and users all over the world. As we do not get paid for this and this is a free service admins and moderators may not answer emails for request for help on machine problems, that is what the forum is for. Any messages related to use or problems with the forum itself we try to answer promptly. We try to do what we can to help people in the forum as well when we can.

We also have a forum at the end of the list where you can post your questions or problems with use of the forum in which we will be notified immediately. But again this is volunteer help and as soon as someone can respond we will.