Thread: Warner & Swasey Titan 15ttf 4 axis help

Thanks

Default Warner & Swasey Titan 15ttf 4 axis help

Writing a program let say :
    G0X5.000Z.1
    G1Z-1.0F.01
    The machine will cut 10.000 OD instead of 5.000.
    Z is good but X is double.
    So when I make make prog. I have to input in X half what it actualy is to make it to the right dimm.
    My other problem is I have a lot of O9000 programs I can't delet full of macro calls
    Thank You for helping out.

Thanks

Default Re: Warner & Swasey Titan 15ttf 4 axis help

It is probably because your parameters are set up so the control reads everything as radius. Check parameter 1006.3 and see if it is set to 0 and if so set it to 1 for diameter programming.

What is the problem with the macros in the 9000 range?? DO NOT just start deleting these programs. Most of them were probably written by the MTB and perform functions like tool changes, auto offsets, pallet changes, and any kind of special programming. I hesitate giving you the parameter for unlocking these until you let me know what the problem with them is.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Warner & Swasey Titan 15ttf 4 axis help

This machine was used for some kind of production jobs.We don't do production work. Exactly what you say, these macro calls for the part catcher, tool resetter ect. We don't use these stuff. Besides tool resetter is broken.
    Thank You for the info about the parameter for Diameter. Can't wait to try it. Thanks Stevo , you are a good man !

Thanks

Pitri,
    You are welcome for the help. The parameter setting should solve your problem. As for the macros.......as long as they are not causing any problems then I would leave them in the control. If you don't understand macros you are best off not deleting them. Many will run together and if you delete them you may cause alarms that may stop you from machining. My advise to you is to backup your control incase someone deletes something or you make a mistake changing some parameters.

On the 15series control you can backup the programs, parameters, and tooloffsets via RS232 port. The most important is the PMC parameters which can not be backedup via RS232 and must be written down by hand. These will be your PMC parameters like Timers, Counters, Keeprelays, etc.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

I agree with Stevo, you are set up in radius for X.
    Back in those days Warner Sw. was not the only machine programmed this way, I worked for Swedish Machine Tool and al of the CNC lathes we produces and sold here, were programmed in radius .
    Change it if you can, or actually program in radius, its not that big a deal.
    Any questions you might have as far as programming, contact me, I used to teach programming in Chicago for Fanuc back in those days.
    Heinz. www.doccnc.com

Thanks

Hello All ! The parameter 1006.3 was 0 set it to 1 but did not work.
    Any other ideas ? We have a mori sl-45 which kind a similar controll on that the 1006.4 is set to 1, I tried bit 4 to but no luck.
    All of our machine work in OD dimmension I would hate to work with this Titan in radius. It would cause me to make a lot of mistakes by the time I would get used to it.

Thanks

Hmmmm. That is odd. If it was set to 0 then it would be radius programming and by setting it to 1 should be diameter programming. I am really surprised that did not fix it. Did you power cycle the machine after changing the bit. I am not sure if it needs to be but I would try that as well.

No offense but I am going to ask a stupid question. Are you sure you set the proper bit? The only reason I ask is because you mention bit 4 which I cannot reference in any of my 15series manuals so is it possible you are off by 1? Bits are 76543210….so if all bits are 0 in order to set bit 3 it would look like 00001000.

Heinz…any thoughts? I have never run into another setting for this.

Stevo

Thanks

My mistake . It did work. I changed bit 3 and rebooted and I told my coworker to try it, and he used FAPT to generate a program which still did it in radius and he never bothered to try it. I wrote a program manually to try it and it did worked fine. The only thing I had to set right after that is the X- limit. I wonder if you know how to set the FAPT to OD programming also ?