Thread: Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

Thanks

Default Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

I really need some help, in the past I have had problems with the Z servo motor on this machine. I had it rebuilt and now the alarm light turns on and it says not ready. It doesn't give me an alarm code but on the dsr compact it does have one light with 88L above it. Does anyone know how to rest it or am I missing something else? Please help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hitachi Seiki Fanuc Control.jpg   DSR Compact.jpg  
    Last edited by pedro.carrillo; 09-26-11 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Hitachi Seiki VA-40 Fanuc 6m

Pedro,

If I remember this correctly, the red led named 88L that you mention is located where your Fuji spindle drive is, and it´s ON because the fan that is built inside the spindle motor has tripped its overload protection relay.

If you want to try it yourself, look for a contactor named 49MF or something like that inside your electric cabinet, that is the one that powers your spindle motor fan, and below it (attached to it) there is this overload relay named 88MF, this is the one that protects that fan.

There, in the 88MF overload relay, there is a white reset button, just push it (with all your power being OFF) and it will work again, but pay attention: If it tripps inmediately after powering it ON, then it means that you have a problem within that fan, perhaps a blockage.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

EDIT:

The FAN contactor's label should read 88MF and its overload relay, 49MF.

Thanks

Thank you for replying, We did check the contactors overload relay and it was tripped. Once we reset it the light was still light. but we also checked all the relays (located beneth the contactors) and sure enough one of them was blown. Once that was fixed the spindle started moving hurray! I appreciate all your help. Thank you.
    Last edited by pedro.carrillo; 09-30-11 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks

You are welcome, keep posting.

Thanks

hi, i'm new and please forgive me if i rode not in the subject.
    i have a problem with seiki va 40. the lack of batteries memory.

after insertion of batteries
    it appeared that there is not retained the parameters of the machinery.
    i need aid in the form of how to fulfil the entry of parameters of the machinery or file in which they are entered such parameters, to play him to the machinery.
    thank you in advance for your time. Adam B. i'm sorry for vocabulary

Thanks

Hello Adam,

What parameters do you need to know how to enter, the Fanuc parameters or the Micon parameters?

a.- Does your machine model have a Fanuc 6M?

b.- Does your machine model have a Micon 8 auxiliary controller?

A.- To enter the Fanuc 6M parameters you need to have a backup list somewhere, then you can enter them by hand using the machine's keypad and activating an special switch located in the master board.

B.- To enter the Micon 8 parameters you also need to have a backup list, and the instructions for this, which are into the M8 book.

Please reply for further instructions.

Thanks

questions to answer yes fanuc 6m rate and pattern of micon 8 auxiliary controller.
    i do not have books handling unfortunately and therefore i ask where can i found a copy of the spare parameters fanuca and micona.

Thanks

seiki VA which i intend to fix this model VA40 M / C. year 1980
    only her, i found with the whole dossier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.pdf  

Thanks

The machine was on the outside, the rain has taken its toll, the battery died.
    So generally looked all the evil of the machine.
    After drying and waiting three months I started to fix it. The machine works in manual mode the X axis and Y are OK, but the Axis Z is not in the manual mode. Magazine stands far.
    I noticed that I lack MICON eight parameters, time. I do not have a backup, or print the Micon 8 can anyone Forum has print or backup MICON 8 and may be given to me to share. Does not even have manual MICON 8th
    In Poland, maybe there are three machine. If anyone has a scan of the monitor is also a scheme would ask.
    Any help is greatly desirable.Thank you for your understanding about my English

Thanks

Adam,

If you provide me with an email address into a private message here in the forum, I can send you the Micon 8 manual in pdf, so that you can read it and start to understand how that controller interacts with your machine.

To send me a private message, just click on my username, the option will magically appear.

And don't worry about your English, I understand what you are trying to say.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

Adam Bojarski (09-06-12)

Thanks

Thanks for your help

Thanks

It does not work as I thought MICON8. On display are some bullshit. No response to the push function.
    Can someone from the forum has saved MICONa8 applet, and can send it to me I would be very grateful. I checked all
    switches and the Z axis is still not working, even in manual mode. Maybe some suggestions.

Thanks

Time starts chasing me, so I have to replace MICON8 to control the PLC with lots of inputs. How do I get into the program fanucu 6 not having read the program? Can anyone give me some advices something?

Thanks

It worked MICON8 repaired. We fought all day but it was worth it. The defective part is the IC that blocked communication with the keys. Warehouse and Z axis now waiting for me. I do not want to start work with us. What is the reason that the Z axis is not working?

Thanks

If Z axis will not move in a 3 axes machine, the first reason I can think of is the tool changer not in position. You should check the whole changer to understand how it works, there is always a fully retracted position which is called the home position. Don't get confused with the Z axis home position, that is another thing.

If you look carefully at the tool changer, you will notice that it works step by step, try to figure out what the end of a tool change sequence would be, and then, if it is well stationed, look there for related limit switches or proximity sensors that could be malfunctioning. Be very carefull with your hands and fingers as well as those from the people helping you at all times, tool changer mechanisms can move at any time when you suddenly activate switches/sensors/valves.

One other thing, sometimes there is an special switch in the operator panel that avoids the Z axis from coming down, it's called "Z axis Neglect" or similar, you should check if you have a switch like that, and if you do, check its signal being ON/OFF thru the DGN page of your Fanuc screen while activating the switch.

Note: I don't know your machine, but am trying to imagine it as other models of vertical machining centers I know, be patient.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

Adam Bojarski (09-17-12)

Thanks

Hi all I would like to thank Ernesto much for the great support in the launch of the 40th VA SEIKI The machine is already working properly. Once again a big thank you for your help

Thanks

Adam,

You are welcome, keep posting.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinumeriko For This Useful Post:

Adam Bojarski (09-21-12)

Thanks

Glad you fixed it. Are you happy with the machine? Is it working properly since then?

Just bought one Hitachi Seiki VA-40 and the tool changer arm is down if anyone would send me a copy of the manual for the machine I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing and useful information with us, coursework help london you have got an interesting way of communicating the message in your blogs, really liked it, keep bogging and keep sharing the useful work. Really appreciated you solved my problem