Thread: FANUC OMC Z axis zero displayed when moving.

Thanks

Exclamation FANUC OMC Z axis zero displayed when moving.

I don't get it, Z is moving but the display just shows zeros. X and Y display correctly.

[[ Bayer Acroloc 15/40 OMC cnc mill ]]

Thanks

Default Re: FANUC OMC Z axis zero displayed when moving.

All the numbers remain 0?? The Absolute, distance to go, relative, etc.?

Do you have a machine lock or a display lock on the front panel? I know this typically works in reverse as the numbers will move but the machine will not. It could be a parameter setting as well. Check the attached parameters related to CRT/MDI, display, and editing.

Stevo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OM parameters.pdf  
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevo For This Useful Post:

Gabe (09-12-11)

Thanks

Red face Re: FANUC OMC Z axis zero displayed when moving.

thank you stevo, yes all rel.abs.mach. cords are zero for Z. we had a plunger not engaged alarm (2004) which is way outside of the Fanuc error codes and within machine codes ( Bayer Acroloc 15/40 OMC) I am not entirely convinced that this is a complex problem. perhaps i need to set up a gcode mcode line to load a tool before z will engage? not sure how to acomplish this. As posted in my introduction thread, this machine is used and abused. learning as we go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    All the numbers remain 0?? The Absolute, distance to go, relative, etc.?

Do you have a machine lock or a display lock on the front panel? I know this typically works in reverse as the numbers will move but the machine will not. It could be a parameter setting as well. Check the attached parameters related to CRT/MDI, display, and editing.

Stevo
    having a hard time with this information symbol= tape signal (correct?) no. = parameter as example, where 0001#2 is 0001= parameter and #2 = input???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I don't get it, Z is moving but the display just shows zeros. X and Y display correctly.

[[ Bayer Acroloc 15/40 OMC cnc mill ]]

ok i have made another FNG mistake. Z was NOT moving. just the head. now the display is correct. Z is not moving. can not get z to move.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    having a hard time with this information symbol= tape signal (correct?) no. = parameter as example, where 0001#2 is 0001= parameter and #2 = input???
    001#2 means parameter 1 bit 2 so the parameter will have 8 bits that run from right to left zero to seven (76543210). So if you need to set bit 2 you need to set it like so 00000100. If any of the other bits are set you need to make sure you don’t change them. So as an example parameter 001 may look like this 00100001 now if you need to set bit 2 then you need to change it to this 00100101 make sense.

Can you get any of the axis to move in JOG or via program?? Have you referenced the machine? Do you have an interlock condition?

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: FANUC OMC Z axis zero displayed when moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    001#2 means parameter 1 bit 2 so the parameter will have 8 bits that run from right to left zero to seven (76543210). So if you need to set bit 2 you need to set it like so 00000100. If any of the other bits are set you need to make sure you don’t change them. So as an example parameter 001 may look like this 00100001 now if you need to set bit 2 then you need to change it to this 00100101 make sense.

Can you get any of the axis to move in JOG or via program?? Have you referenced the machine? Do you have an interlock condition?

Stevo
    this makes perfect logical sense and has provided me with the essential key to decode the volumes of information at my disposal. Thank you for bringing this to light. I am away from my machine for another hour or so but i can tell you that I got the Z axis (or C as our version of controller calls out lol) moving yes!! it is moving and displaying properly, but i had to jump from the 24v bus to M1 pin 24. I am speaking from memory here but i believe it was pin 24. This is a band aid fix as they say. i had to go through the ladder, using "msearch" and "search" on the crt to find what was going wrong. I keep seeing discussions about this interlock condition...?