Thread: top cut program

Thanks

Default top cut program

Hi all. Can anyone provide me with an example of a top cut program please? im using a Mazak SQT200ms with mazatrol fusion 640T control and a hydrafeed barfeed. At present sometimes the barfeed has a bar loaded on the channel, and then goes back again to pick another one up before pushing one thru the spindle, and alarming out. Am I right to think M68 is a push command an M69 is to reload bar? Its not happening on every new length of bar which is the strange thing.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

Thanks

Default Re: top cut program

Hello Jimbo,

This is from a foggy memory as I have not installed a bar feed to a Mazak in about 3 years now, so please check the exact programming before using it, but this is the general idea.

As to the problem of a bar already in the V-channel, If may be that you have the stops to control the loading of one bar at a time miss set so it some times picks up 2 bars instead of one. Can you see the V-channel as it is loading the bar?

The M68 and M69 are both for use with a bar feed, but as to which does what depends are each particular Mazak. I once installed a pair of bar feeds to a pair of mazaks one serial number apart and the commands were reversed between them. That being said, one of the M-codes is used to tell the bar feed to operate (either feed out a part or load a bar) and the lathe to wait until it receives a finished signal from the bar feed. The other M-code will ask the bar feed if it is out of material and needs to load a new bar. If it is out of material and needs to load a new bar when you run the M-code to check that, then the lathe will jump to the sub-program 9999. Note that program number can be change by setting one of the R parameters; Check the lathe parameter book for which program it will jump to. So most programs look something like this.

Main program
    M69 check for end of bar
    M7 Open chuck or was it M6
    M68 Feed out part
    M6 Close chuck

Sub program
    M7 open chuck
    M68 eject rem
    G0 X0Z.02 Move stop in
    M68 load bar
    M6 close chuck

Remember the M68 and M69 may be reversed on your lathe.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CNC Enhancements Tech For This Useful Post:

jimbo77 (07-25-11)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply and info mate.

ive watched the machine come down to the last piece on the bar. There is a new length in the chanel already waiting to be loaded, but the chanel still goes away and picks up a second length, and tries to push both thru, thus alarming.

Are you saying that i need a M69 in my main programme to check for bar end? at the moment i dont have that, just M68. If so would that go at the beggining of the barfeed programme, ie before I instruct the turret to come down to my 'x' and 'z'?

If i Type M68 in MDI it does do a barfeed push.
    My r parameter is set to jump to prog 9999.

Ive attatched my top-cut programme, if you can give any more advice, that would be appreciated.
    We did buy the machine second hand with this programme in already. Ive never edited or deleted anything. its ran for about 3years now on and off. ive lived with it for long enough but its getting to be a pain now having to turn the bar feed off, and handeling bars etc.

Regards

Jamestop cut.txt

Thanks

In the main program 9674, would you please post the part of the program where you are doing the bar feeding, or explain how you are getting from the main program to the 9999 program.

BTW just had to go repair the lost parameters in a Mazak yesterday, so my memory is up to speed on Mazak's again.

Thanks

Oh on the 2 bars in the V-channel; the question is how did the first one get in the V-channel already? After it shoves a bar in properly does it go get a new bar in the V-channel right after loading one, and then go get it again when it is time to load? How or when did the first one get in the V-channel? I am not familiar with the hydrafeed barfeed in particular, but from what you are saying it sounds like a basic magazine bar feed. Most of which do not put a bar in the V-channel until they are ready to load it in the spindle, which is why I am thinking that the first one should not be in the V-channel in the first place.

Thanks

9674.txt

I've attached the barfeed and parts catcher cycle for my prog 9674.

The procedure i use in the morning on start up is as follows. assuming there is no bar in the spindle.

1- bar feed carriage back (collects bar in v-channel from magazine)
    2- bar feed carriage forward (new bar drops onto fingers at back ready to load next time bar feed goes back)
    3- Main pusher pushes 1st bar into spindle, then retracts.
    4- bar feed carriage back (new bar lifts off fingers onto v-channel)
    5- Insert pusher is now in line with spindle to begin bar feed push.
    6- Select 'AUTO' on bar feed.
    7- Chuck clamps bar.
    8- Programme cycle begins.

I was on the understanding that when the barfeed sees the end of bar sensor inside the barfeed, then it produces one more component??. This is how our other Hydrafeed works on a different machine. On this one it appears to push as normal until it sees the light on the sensor, and jump instantly from prog number 9674 to 9999. It kicks out the last part of bar into the conveyor, retracts, barfeed goes back, and this is where it collects the second bar, comes forward, and tries to push two bars and alarms.

It is parameter R19 which states to goto 9999.

Like ive said it is not on every new bar it is doing this, which makes me think possibly a sensor or M68/M69 not being used correctly.

Many Thanks

Thanks

I seem to be missing a step. At step "4- bar feed carriage back (new bar lifts off fingers onto v-channel)", then down in the paragraph below that you say "It kicks out the last part of bar into the conveyor, retracts, bar feed goes back". When did the bar feed go forward between these two steps?

On the programming, That it jumps immediately from the main program to the top cut program would seem to say that the person who wired the bar feed in may have not set it up to work with the M69 to call it to the top cut program. I would like to make sure the M68 is working correctly. If you try running the 9674 program without the bar feed running, does the lathe stop on the M68 and wait indefinitely? Well on the screen it will show the M7 as being the next command to be run. But it should just sit that with the chuck open and not run the lathe any farther. Does it do that?