Thread: Fanuc 6T parameters required

Thanks

Default Fanuc 6T parameters required

Hi Folks,
    I have a Hitachi Seiki 3NE-300 lathe that developed a fault on the bubble memory board and I lost all the parameters. I have since bought another board and I was seeking information from any one on the forum who might have knowledge of this controller and its parameters. The 6T is the A series model!
    Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Thanks

Default Re: Introduction

Sorry to just blunder in with my question on parameters.
    About myself:- I used to work for Telecom (Australia) as a Techincal Officer. I became involved in playing with sports cars and making performance parts for them. As a result I purchased a mill, I already had a lathe from my hobby gunsmithing days.
    In 2002 I started working for myself and since then I have bought an old CNC mill and the old Hitachi Seiki lathe, which is giving me some grief at the moment.
    I am currently working on a rear brake conversion for a guy who dropped a Nissan GTR motor into a Datsun 240Z. In its current state of tune he has about 330KW at the rear wheels.

Cheers
    Chris

Thanks

Default Re: Fanuc 6T parameters required

Chris,

I don't have the parameter list that you need for the 3NE-300, but do have an idea: I can get you the list for a 4NE-600. Of course it won't have the exact values that you need but it can get you very close, then you would need the 6T manual to see and understand what every parameter is for and try to figure out the final values for your lathe.

As a matter of fact, inside the Fanuc manual there used to be a list called "initial setting" for all the parameters, then the machine tool builder would write (modify) these, according to every machine specs.

Not being so sure that you understand what I just wrote, here´s an example for the 6M:

The "initial setting" value that Fanuc wrote in the manual for parameter #038 (Spindle speed at spindle orientation, abbreviated SPSOR) is 50, from there, the machine tool builder could modify this value to whatever he wanted, let's say 75. Meaning that the machine would rotate its spindle at 75 rpm before stopping at 0 degrees for a tool change.

If you think this idea can help you in some way, specially if you can not get anything else, please let me know, I can retrieve the 4NE-600 list for you in a couple of days, but you still would need to get the 6T manual, perhaps from another member in this forum.

Thanks

Thank you Sinumeriko for your response.
    I acquired a number of manuals that were supposed to belong with the lathe which deal with programming , tool set up etc, but I can't find anything that covers the parameters. It is possible that there was one amongst them originally but I if so I don't know where it is! I now know the importance of backing up or recording the parameters.
    Another CNC lesson learned the hard way.

Cheers
    Chris

Thanks

Sorry I didn't address your question RE the 4NE 600.
    I will be guided by you on this matter because my experience is some what limited. If you think plugging in the parameters for the 4NE 600 will get the thing up and running, I'm willing to give it a go. I haven't exactly been overwhelmed with offers of help, I guess the machine is a bit of a dinosaur by todays standards, so I'm happy to take what I can get.

Cheers
    Chris