Thread: Problem at startup after power interuption--ATC and "Not Ready"

bmtp Guest

Default Problem at startup after power interuption--ATC and "Not Ready"

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem at startup with my Excel 810 (with Fanuc OM-C).

I had a brief power interuption or voltage drop (just enough to cause a "not ready" alarm) during a tool change. The double arm and the tool was about an inch down from clamping position.

So, I shut it down (the only way I know of to get rid of a "not ready" alarm) and now when I start it up and get to the point of pressing the "Ready" button I get no response. The standard screen at startup, after power "on" and before "ready" buttons, is all I get. It says "not ready" but it does not say "not ready alarm." As far a I can tell the screen looks just as should prior to pressing the "ready" button.

Before re-restarting the machine I pried the double arm straight down to give clearance for Z zero return but I cannot get to that point obviously. Do I need to get the arm swung around to another position to close (or open) a limit switch? I assume the spindle clamped at some point in the process of alarm or shutting down after.

But without getting to "ready" I can't do anything with the machine or the ATC, of course.

Any suggestions, anyone? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you in EMG /estop condition. I assume the ready lamp is not on correct. May want to open up the electrical cabinets and look for the power supplies. Usually there is an LED on them that will show if power is being output.
    Programming is like ***: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life

bmtp Guest

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I've got the machine up again. It apparently was a power/reset issue. I went back into the cabinet yet again and tried to check or reset every breaker, fuse or reset button that I could find. I'm not sure what I did but after 3 tries at going through the cabinet and continuous digging something worked.

I don't think I'll ever fully understand the ATC but when it gets out of sync eventually it does what it's supposed to do without too much trouble.

hila_ko Guest

Default Re: Problem at startup after power interuption--ATC and "Not Ready"

Hi,
    I got the same problem with my AWEA (powered by Fanuc) VMC, can you be more specific as to the way you solved this?

Thanks

IIRC Awea does not have a tool change recovery or return to ATC origin button. But they should have air overrides. You need to get the tool out of the tool change position into the working envelope of the machine and reset everything. You should be able to move it by holding the bypass or OT button while using your JOG or MPG.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Thank you for the*informative*post.