Thread: Anilam Questions

Thanks

Thumbs up Anilam Questions

Hi All, new to the site and got some questions on this old Fanuc control, but I worked for Anilam for 12 years can be of help or get you an answer, know all you made the control. Have Fun.

Thanks

Default Re: Anilam Questions

Have a new Jet CNC lathe with an Anilam 4200T controller. Nothing but problems...Jet replaced machine once. Have screen freezes, boot issues, monitor blanking out on boot, save to removable memory stick not working, etc.

Want to know of others with this controller and problems that have or are having.

Thanks!

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Anilam Questions

What is happening is this: when the control fires up your 5-12-power supply in the control is dropping below 5vdc. This control is known for this, replace with a Power ONE supply, the hard drive will not operate below 4.9vdc. This will fix your problem.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I have receive nothing but a runaround from Anilam and Jet regarding this issue. Another previous Anilam tech that Jet has hired to "band aid" this problem (this guy is super) has come up with the same rationale. This issue has been going on for 8weeks and I still cannot reliably use this lathe.

Thanks

We are now over10 weeks since purchase. The machine has been replaced once, the computer in the second machine has been replaced twice. Getting factory service from Jet and Anilam has been a joke. We are finally able to manufacture the part we need...holding our breath!

I would like to hear from others who have purchased this machine. Jet does not want to disclose...wonder why?

Thanks

Twelve weeks into this new Jet CL-1640ZX CNC lathe purchase and the machine is finally operating with a degree of reliability. Anilam finally installed a new computer as the computer power supply apparently has been the problem all along. This is an incredible story of the total lack of customer service and support from Jet, Anilam, David Turpin (distributor) and Brentwood Tool.

This team has caused me to lose several contacts and raises the question of future customer service pretaining to warranty service. Jet (Walter Meier Co.) has not even had the decency to personally contact me to apologize for all of the problems. The latest email from Brentwood Tool (also stating that Jet and Anilam confer) now blames me for my lack of programming knowledge for all of the problems that were clearly machine defects.

I would still like to hear from any other owners of the Jet CNC lathe. It is clear to me that I am now on my own.
    Last edited by lkindber; 08-14-11 at 04:55 PM. Reason: accuracy

Thanks

I have an Crusader II that when the servos are powered up all three axis strar creeping and groweling until it shuts down in a few seconds. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Doug

Thanks

If your 3 axis on Anilam cnc mill are creeping aloog (moving slowly) you need to adjust the boards and balance the cards.
    Call me - free advise.
    856 931 2036

Thanks

Thanks, I will give you a call

Doug

Thanks

I know this thread is old as the anilam control I'm having issues with, its a 1400 and when booting up I get a read banner stating my security device was not detected, is this the GREEN OPTION KEY? or something else? I have been running the machine, It has ran fine sense I've been on it for about a year... Any help will be appreciated