Thread: Subspindle alignment Hardinge Conquest

Thanks

Question Subspindle alignment Hardinge Conquest

we have a Hardinge Conquest T42 SP ,Fanuc 18-T control,with live tooling and Subspindle options. Unfortunately the Main spindle and Subspindle are out of alignment about .06 - .070 thousandths.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is it possible/feasible to just remove the entire subspindle/tailstock?
    Thanks

Thanks

Default Re: Subspindle alignment Hardinge Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by frankc77 View Post
    we have a Hardinge Conquest T42 SP ,Fanuc 18-T control,with live tooling and Subspindle options. Unfortunately the Main spindle and Subspindle are out of alignment about .06 - .070 thousandths.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is it possible/feasible to just remove the entire subspindle/tailstock?
    Thanks
    Did you ever get the sub aligned? I'm going through that procedure and now need to know what this "alignment block" looks like. I imagine it's a metal block with two cap screws to fasten it to the carriage, and some sort of screw going through it at right angles to press on one side or the other of the little cutout in the bottom of the subspindle mounting plate. Would be nice to see a picture or a drawing, or even hear a description of that little block.

Torin...