Thread: MultiCam "system interrupt"

Thanks

Default MultiCam "system interrupt"

My name is Alex.
    I run 60"X120" router table. I think it's 3000series(no markings left) multicam made in (or around) 2004.
    For about 2 years I’m running this machine in this company. And I started to have some problems. One of them is: all of a sudden router stops and handheld unit shows "
    system interrupt" "x over x over x over". I need some ideas what may be a possible cause for this.
    I try to keep it as clean as possible and I don't see any visual defects. Could mother board be failing?
    Thank you.

Thanks

Default Re: MultiCam "system interrupt"

Sound like you might need to check and see if you have a mechanical problem first, it might be possible that your XA and XB sides are mismatched, in other words. One side is ahead of the other, easy way to check.

1. Do your normal homing procedure in the mourning: Shift and green 0,0 or the upper left hand key.

2. After the machine homes out, take your hand and just put it on your hand on top of the gantry. Hit your e-stop, when you hit e-stop the machine will release the servo motors and if one side is ahead, you will feel a kick to one side or another.

Let me know what you find out.

Chris

Thanks

Default Re: MultiCam "system interrupt"

Thank you Chris.
    I did the test just like you advised, but two sides, XA and XB, started to move together very smoothly. So, I blowed them off with compressed air again and added some more grease. Since then my problem was gone for little over a week. It runs good at this point of time. I think there must have been some small particles in the way on the rails, though machine was stopping
    in movement on X and Y axises. I was confused for a while. Now everything is good and thanks again for your time.