Thread: Fanuc 15T PWE change impossible

Thanks

Cool Fanuc 15T PWE change impossible

Hello,

today I had a Problem with a Fanuc 15-T which was coupled to a Toshiba.
    The machine (aldo the operator) stopped in a Tool change Cycle. They took the tool out of the spindle. They had a procedure to set everything ok again.
    However, when they tried to follow up the procedure they had to change some parameter, therefore they wanted to put the parameter PWE (8000) to 1. But it was impossible to change it. The machine was put in Emercency stop and also set to MDI. Also a special key (memory protect) was switched to off. I tried also to change the PWE but it didn't worked out. After switching machine on, going to setting and trying to set PWE to 1 it seems that the cnc is "Frozen" because I couldn't go back to pos or prog. Only after restarting machine. I will not be able to go back to the client but I still want to now if anyone could thell me what the problem is.

Thanks

Default Re: Fanuc 15T PWE change impossible

That’s odd. My first response was thinking that you were trying to change PWE bit when under the “service” softkey instead of the “settings” softkey. But you say you are under the “settings”.

Hmmm…you say now the control freezes up and you cannot get back to the other pages?

If you power cycle the machine does it go back to normal but when trying to change PWE it freezes? Also what parameter are you trying to change according to the procedure and why?

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Thanks for response:

First I want to change the PWE parameter. That didn't work.

The parameter the operator wants to change are responsable to the number of tool in spindle.

Thanks

Ok so what exactly happens when you try to change the PWE bit? The control freezes up?

You also know for a fact that you are trying to change PWE bit in the “settings” softkey and NOT the “service” softkey?

Also is the parameter you are trying to change in the data tables on the PMC side of the control? You may have a keeprelay bit that needs to be set in order to change that as well.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

Thanks

Hello Stevo,

Yes, the control can't be switched back to Prog or Pos. If I switch off/on again I can switch between Prog-Pos etc.

The PWE bit I want to switch I can reach by pushing SETTING until "Setting Service"appears in upper left part of the screen. Hope this Is whright.

There is one more switch from machine manifactor which is called memory protect. This switch was set to off. In the programm I can see the change of Key 1 till 4 to 1 after switching the memory switch to off.

Thanks

I don’t have an 11series control here to verify but IIRC it should read “Settings(Settings)” at the top of the screen not “service settings”. There should be 2 softkeys right next to each other. The one on the left is the “settings” softkey and the right is the “service” softkey. You want the “settings” softkey.

Also are you just trying to set the PWE bit on parameter 8000 or are you trying to set all bits? You only need to set bit 0 right most bit (00000001).

Stevo

Thanks

Hello Stevo,

you are making me a little bit confuse conserning Setting and Service etc.
    I can't go back to our Client to see wether I choosed the wright buttons to change the parameter 8000 bit 0 from 0 to 1. (In the FANUC T 15)

I think I was in the wright place.

Thanks anyway, I will call the client back and ask wether someone was able to solve the problem and what the problem was after all.

Kind Regards,

Curry

Thanks

Curry,
    On the 15series control there is a softkey setting labeled "setting" and another labeled "service". Under the "service" setting you can not change the PWE bit. It must be changed in the "settings" softkey. You will usually get an alarm like "write protect" when trying to change it under the "service".

Stevo

Thanks

Curry,
    I just had a similar issue in another thread at a different forum and made me think of your problem. I have never seen this needing to be done on a 15series control but put the machine in E-stop before setting the PWE bit. This is what had to be done on a 10series control in order to change it.

Stevo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevo For This Useful Post:

curry58 (12-01-10)

Thanks

Hello Stevo,

last week I was back in the factory for another problem.
    I asked them about the problem on the machine with the parameter problem. The local engineer told me it was a parameter in the page before the one where the bit has to be set, the operator made a mistake........
    I don't know exactly which parameter because nobody was with the guy of Fanuc when he fixed it.

greetings,
    Curry

Thanks

That’s odd I have no idea what parameter it could have been. Thanks for coming back and posting. I am going to go look into that just on curiosity. If you find out exactly which parameter he was referring to please let me know.

Stevo