Thread: Need help with Fanuc control OM

Thanks

Default Need help with Fanuc control OM

Hello all,
    I hope someone can help me with this problem?

First - I had an 101 PS alarm and was able to clear this alarm

101 PS = while writing to part program the power was turned off (didn't happen but this alarm just showed up)

Second - I then recieved a 078 PS alarm

078 PS alarm = A program number or a sequence number which was specified by address P in the block whcih includes an M98, M99, G65 or G66 was not found

1- I just noticed that all my part programs have been deleted
    2- I reloaded the part program in the machine
    3- I then recieved the 078 PS alarm still
    4- went to MDI and called up a manual tool change M6T# and then recieved the same alarm
    5- I am assuming that the tool change macros where probably lost as well?
    6- I do not have any back ups of the macros
    7- does anyone know what could cause this? The 09000 programs are hidden, I have been reading on how to turn off the write protect.
    8- If the O9000 programs are lost - does anyone have a copy of this or do I have to call fanuc?
    9- I would really appreciate it someone could help me with this.
    10- are there any other macros that I need (more than 1 O9000 programs)

YCI Supermax Rebel 1
    20 tool changer umbrella style
    Fanuc om control
    just a basic 3 axis machine

I'll appreciate any help

Thanks

Thanks

Default Re: Need help with Fanuc control OM

For the tool changer program below is a common example not sure if that machine uses any special commands but you could try this first to get you started. The program number will depend on parameter settings that are in parameter 240,241,242. Macro program edit parameter is 10-bit4. O9020-O9029= par.230-239 and O9001-O9003=par. 240-242. Post what is in them to see if there was more then one macro in the machine.

%
    O90??(TOOL CHANGE)
    G0G91G28Z0.M9
    M6
    G90
    M99
    %

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petro For This Useful Post:

gus2012 (11-13-10)

Thanks

I am going throught the same thing on a Clausing VMC600. Parameters and programs are gone. Parameters have been reloaded. The 9000 (tool changer) programs were lost. I am attempting to reload them. Keep getting Alarm numbers like 85, 78, 74, 73, 70.

I do not have an alarm list.

As for the tool changer program - my understanding - they are written by the machine tool builder and not Fanuc - specifically for the machine. You probably need to go back to the builder for these programs. There can be multiple programs. For the Clausing they are O9001 and O9002. I would not want to attempt anything other than the files from the bulders. A tool changer crash can be very expensive. There may also be parameters that need to be modified that determine things like the vertical position of the spindle (Z) so it will mate up correctly with the tool changer. Adjusting these parameters can be very trickey.

You will need to turn on the 9000 edit permission parameter in order to re-load these programs.

I am not at work. I will look it up if you need it tomorrow when at work.

You will need to enter the programs through the I/O port because there usually are conditional statement in the program which use brackets and the OM keyboard does not have them. You need to set your communication parameters to even parity, 7 bits and 2 stop bits. On both your control and your machine. You will need a G-code editor/DNC program to talk to your control through a serial port on a computer.

You may have already solved much of this. Let me know.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grob For This Useful Post:

gus2012 (11-14-10)

Thanks

Gus,
    As already stated above, there may be a few macros for the machine depending on what the MTB setup on the machine or another owner of the machine has done to it.

By you telling us what your parameters are set to will tell us if you had any other macros in the control using a custom code. Unfortunately we will not be able to see in what may have been called as a sub in the programs written by the MTB as they are lost. Look above at Petro’s post for the parameters that we need to know.

We will also need to know if the Z level of the tool change is the same as Z0 on the machine. If not we will have to determine if it was hard coded or if it was written to use the G30P() 2nd or 3rd reference positions so we may need to know some other settings of the machine but no need for that now.

My guess is that you will probably not get the macros from the MTB considering the age of the machine. It is possible however. So you will have to find someone with the same make, model, and control.

Don’t sweat it too much. Petro has given an example of a basic tool change program. There is usually a bit more safety checks and setting of some variables but all in all a lot of stuff written by the MTB is usually over kill. I have written more macos then I can remember for tool changes and special functions so if you have no luck with the MTB we will get it squared away for you.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevo For This Useful Post:

gus2012 (11-15-10)

Thanks

Looks like Dave over in the cnczone has the macro posted for you. If you want any help with it you can post it here or you can work on it over there.

Stevo
    (The opinions in this post are my own and not those of machinetoolhelp.com and its management)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevo For This Useful Post:

gus2012 (11-15-10)

Thanks

gus:

for you and all others having problems w/ YCI products: we purchased a used YCI 1996 Supermax Rebel-8 two years ago, inheriting it's problems - i contacted YCI and they are extremely helpfull at all times, w/ all of their older products - contact information:

BE ADVISED THAT AFTER A RE0RGANIZATION YCI IS NOW KNOWN AS YMT CNC, Inc.

tel: (562) 645-6118 (L.A., CA area)
    ask for tech, BUT HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFO IN FRONT OF YOU:

MACHINE MODEL & YEAR
    SERIAL NUMBER
    (all from the data plate on the outside of the electrical box, rear of machine)

no matter if you're not the original purchaser, etc.
    good luck!

barry
    Cad Cam Products
    Carson City, Nv.

Thanks

i have 3 alarms 417,427 and 437 servomotors for fanuc om control
    the parameters were clean..
    if someone have the parameters for this milling center
    plase sendme a copy
    thanks
    or
    if someone knos which alarm i need to check for this control to correct the servomotors alarms 417, 427 and 437..
    and the parameters of those..