Thread: super max help???

Thanks

Exclamation super max help???

hi any one out there have a super max???i run one and need some help..
    it is 13yrs old and was crashed bad on the 1st day it got turn on..the boss did it..it has had a hard life at my shop..now i have it and trying to do a lot of work with it...not ez got to float centers in and the chuck has run out...any way i can use some Warner & Swas colic pads in it??make a set of soft jaws to bolt them too???it would save me alot of set up time..will that help me at all???or am i just ???new boss said no he order some new hard jaws and they run out really bad
    Last edited by mar; 09-28-10 at 05:29 PM. Reason: try to word it better

Thanks

Default Re: super max help???

hi mar:

sorry, i cannot help you w/ your specific problem, BUT . . . we purchased a 1996 SuperMax Rebel-8 VMC a year ago from a shop going under - it had been
    run hard and put away wet! we've stripped the sheetmetal and powdercoated it, and have resolved problems one-by-one as they've shown up - w/ the fantastic help of YCI (mfr. of the SuperMax); these guys have spent literally hours on the phone (not at one time, LOL!) helping to get this older machine working correctly. it is difficult these days at times to find a manufacturer that will support older machinery but YCI goes out of their way to assist!

i'm not familiar w/ your lathe, IF it is a YCI product you can reach YCI CNC, Inc., @ (562) 906-6118 (L.A., CA. area); if you can, speak to Larry Divis (engineer/tech), he has been absolutely top-of-the-line in assisting me. i cannot say enuff about the help i've received thru YCI.

i'm not certain they can tell you if other mfr's parts will fit their equipment, but if you have problems specifically w/ their products they are there to assist. have your model number, year of mfr., and serial number handy when you call.

hope this helps, i need to help others here as i've recieved some great help here myself!

barry
    Cad Cam Products
    Carson City, Nv.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to madmetalman For This Useful Post:

mar (10-10-10)

Thanks

thank you for the phone no..my forman is not much help..I hate to do it but i am going over his head to a higher power.
    we get along like ABEL and CAIN
    I hope we do better trying to work that out..
    I think my smax is ok but I need to have the chuck fixed...think I know how..
    it has been hit a lot..but if I can put the jaws in it and get a ID grinder it will fix it.It would make me feel good to make parts right all I want is to make a lot of really good parts not so so ok parts.maybe my forman will change..
    I know I am changing a lot.
    Think I will try my forman again just maybe if I ask him to pitty me and help me he will.All I can do is hope at this point.
    I did find a way to make my RRHINOBAR feeder work better.
    my forman was sick a day this week and i got a little help from a coworker.
    he ask me where the green disk was???Geee why did my forman not tell me to use it???that green disk helps keep the stock from falling down.if the stock falls down the pusher bar gos pass the end of the stock.then i got to scrap it out..If only we work as a team my life and job would be so much nicer..
    ALL I CAN DO IS HOPE FOR CHANGE
    i am going to keep trying my best to do a better job...i will not do less then my best!!!!and looking for help any where i can get it..
    THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!gbwu
    MARK PONDER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mar View Post
    hi any one out there have a super max???i run one and need some help..
    it is 13yrs old and was crashed bad on the 1st day it got turn on..the boss did it..it has had a hard life at my shop..now i have it and trying to do a lot of work with it...not ez got to float centers in and the chuck has run out...any way i can use some Warner & Swas colic pads in it??make a set of soft jaws to bolt them too???it would save me alot of set up time..will that help me at all???or am i just ???new boss said no he order some new hard jaws and they run out really bad
    i did get the model no. ycm-tc-15 with a rhinobar feeder..trying hard to make more and better parts...also looking for help any where or any way i can get it...things are starting too look up..
    got a littel help from a coworker and barry ..just maybe i can save my job!!
    Last edited by mar; 10-02-10 at 10:18 AM. Reason: need to add barry