Thread: dought about programming

sukumaran Guest

Default dought about programming

In my stama mc 320 drill tap centre with fanuc om control I dont know how to program pallet change. Please help.
    A.N.Sukumaran.

Thanks

This should be in your programming manuals for the machine. I have used a few different M codes on different machines I've had to control it. M50, M60, M51, M52, M61, M62. The pallet changer will typically run off of a 9000 series program. Look through your program list and see if you can determine which program is controlling the functions. Then there are parameters that control the M code calling that program. On newer controls (16, 18, 21i) these paramters are 6071 calls 9001, 6072 calls 9002, 6073 for 9003, etc up to parameter 6089 that calls 9029.

I also have one machine that uses a rack and pinion hydraulic indexer, the M code only sends up flags in the ladder and doesn't trigger a program to control the function. If you have a servo motor connected to the indexer it's more than likely that one of your 9000 series programs should control it. If it is all hydraulic, it may be a little harder to determine, but with some searching in the ladder you should be able to find the M code.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Thanks

Default Re: STAMA MC 320 FANUC OM

Quote Originally Posted by sukumaran View Post
    In my stama mc 320 drill tap centre with fanuc om control I dont know how to program pallet change. Please help.
    A.N.Sukumaran.
    Dear I am facing the same issue can you help me for this if your issue has been solved

Thanks

Thanks

Default Re: STAMA MC 320 FANUC OM

1. Fanuc made controls for many different machine manufactures. Each manufacture had the option of what codes they used for what. Many of these (for the same machine) were different depending on what the customer paid for. These can be changed by the customer to do what you want & how you want. If I had a copy of all the parameters, I could probably tell you what you need to do. But with out it, it would be shooting in the dark. OMs usually have a special set of parameters to do M codes that can be set to whatever desired. You should be able to order a STAMA OM fanuc book that will also tell you what is what.