Thread: 1002 soft limit 2 CNC Alarm

Thanks

Default 1002 soft limit 2 CNC Alarm

Can you tell me about an error 1002 soft limit 2? This is an ota . I try to get near the chuck, z minus and I get this error. I can move the machine there with the pulse generator but now when Ihave the work and the program running.

Thanks

Default Re: 1002 soft limit 2 CNC Alarm

Sounds like you may have an area interlocked in the machine. If you can handwheel to within the area but not run a program there then thats what it must be. Unless you are telling it to go to far in your program. What is the distance to go when it alarms? is there enough travel?

Can't remember which one turns the area inhibit on or off G22 or G23. Do you have G22 or G23 in program? If so remove it. If not try putting G23 in MDI and runing it then try running your program. Then try running G22 in MDI and running program. Let me know if either works. There was a parameter that will set this area to inhibit on power on. I can dig it up if this is the case for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

When the alarm occurs the program is running and the machine coordinates are 450.3, Maybe -, if I handle to less than 450 the alarm goes off the screen. I have parameters 541 and 556 set to 4500. One at a time I tried 4600. the travel stopped at the same spot, so I changed back to 4500.
    I can not find a value of 450 in list of parameters. What is the importance of the value being above 1000?

Thanks

I have rechecked some things. The machine absolute coordinates are -450.0 when the alarm 1002 stops the feed. In mdi I can send the z axis to -470 without alarm. The machine is stopping at -450 when I use g71 programming.
    The g71 and mdi used the workshift value.
    Do the canned cycles have a stroke limit?

Thanks

The g23 code gave me an error 010. Do you need to specify an axis with g23?

Thanks

I think I have a match with diagnostic 821, which is -449.842. that is where the alarm comes on with the absolute coordinate readings. I can not get this to change with the pwe=1 that changes the parameters. This must be a Leadwell or Mori thing. Does anyone know how to change the number?

Thanks

diagnostic 821 is the absolute z position and changes as I move the handle. I have changed something because I have cut about 1/2 inch further into the part than I can get the program to cut now. With the handle I can move the x axis more than 25 mm minus, to the chuck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luslugger View Post
    Can you tell me about an error 1002 soft limit 2? This is an ota . I try to get near the chuck, z minus and I get this error. I can move the machine there with the pulse generator but now when Ihave the work and the program running.
    I have a similar problem here in June 2016. The machine is leadwell ltc15 fanuc ota. The parameter number for this problem has not been in print anywhere I have looked on the internet. I find the 700 numbers have or cause 500 errors. Nothing I change on the 700 numbers changes the point where the soft limit 2 comes on. It only comes on when the machine is in Auto. The pulse wheel moves thru that region normally. If you have any clues or info please post here.
    Bob