Thread: Identifying machining problems on my Heller Machining Center

sjleins Guest

Default Identifying machining problems on my Heller Machining Center

I would like to have a list of what to look for when something goes wrong with my machine, and how to go through a systematic process of elimination. I am talking where to start and how to determine whether it is tooling, coolant, fixture, or machine related and what are some of the basice, in sequence, steps to eliminate each possibility. At the very least is there a book or manual I can buy to head me in the right direction?

Thanks

This is a very general question when thinking of all of the different scenarios that can happen with the way a machine tool behaves. The best method for troubleshooting is past experiences. Log all of your faults, what you checked, and what resolved the problem. It's not always as simple as "if a, then b".

There are just to many variables with out a specific problem to say start here.

I have Heller machines on the floor here running Fanuc 160i controls. If you have a specific problem or question, I'd be glad to try and help.
    Cody Stamper

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of cnc-professional-forum.com and its management)

Guest Guest

we are beginning to get on the right track, for this forum.
    we all need to know the mat'l ...
    we all can help each other get better at what we do.

Together, We can work as one.

stop.

EDM_Fixer Guest

i think it would be ez'er for you to describe the problem and we can see if we can help. but for me to type in how I diag. machine tools. thats a big question .... machine tools 30 + years .. electronics since the 1960s, chase only one rabbit at a time ... lol have fun